Star & Eagle Hotel
The Goudhurst Inn(Goudhurst)(Great Value!)
$123
The George Hotel(Cranbrook)(Great Value!)
$70
$68
T & J Motel(Flimwell)
$89
$78
$147
$135
Anand Lodge(Royal Tunbridge Wells)
$67
$49
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
$123
$85
Weald of Kent Golf Course & Hotel(Headcorn)(Great Value!)
$67
$60
Hotel du Vin & Bistro(Royal Tunbridge Wells)
$116
$110
One Warwick Park Hotel(Royal Tunbridge Wells)
$110
$107
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfour posterold buildingfirst classposter roomlovely hotelcreaky floorboardsyou'd expectdelicious foodlow beamskent villagebeautiful villageseafoodgreat qualityperiod buildingsun terracefeel so welcomecharm and character
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We stayed at this hotel a couple of months ago. Its a charming place, full of character, lovely old creaky floorboards, ceilings so low you really need to bend down or be the size of a hobbit! The manager was realy helpful and accomodatinge. We had dinner and breakfast there, the dinner in particular was really good, the breakfast was nice and freshly cooked.
I would really recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Room at the top and right at the back, so cosy!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2012

After being re booked here from an online website as my originally hotel was Overbooked; I had a look online and decided it looked good. Parking was plentiful, the greeting was warm and friendly and the old charm of the pub was immediately felt. Shown to my room (3) I noticed the creaky floorboards and cute little rooms. I loved it. As a single female traveller on business I could not have felt more cosy and safe, the village is gorgeous and I pass through it on business trips so I was always keen to stay. Bed was cosy and comfy - kind of laura Ashley shabby chic which I love. I had a flat screen tv, tea and coffee, wonderfully clean sheets, pillows and carpet and the bathroom was spotless. Yes it's old but all brought up to date and it's clean with everything working. The whole feel just adds to the charm and views out to the Kent countryside on the hot sunny day was bliss! I wish. Could have eat at the restaurant but I was at a golf function nearby - the food looked amazing? Good gastro pub style. As I was leaving early they arranged a little continental breakfast for me which was left in my room whilst I was out and consisted of croissant, jam, yoghurt, banana and beautiful apple juice. Just what I needed to get home to Somerset early! I cannot recommend this place enough? Had a great nights sleep and felt safe and welcomed. Will def stay again. Only comments would be that a biscuit in my room would have gone down a treat with my tea x

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We stayed at the Star And Eagle for two nights and were very pleased indeed with all aspects of the hotel. The manager, Atilla, was excellent and nothing was too much trouble for him. He was ably assisted by Lizzie and all of the staff were equally as kind and helpful. The breakfasts were of a very high standard, as was the quality and variety of the food. The service was very quick and efficient and again, nothing was too much bother. The hotel is one of the best we have stayed in and was very clean,tidy and very relaxing. We would definitely stay here again. Well done Karin and Enrique.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I have stayed here 6 times now work realated
it is a fantastic place to stay,
food and service first class,
very clean,
i will be having a break here with my wife

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TL4444
Reviewed December 4, 2011

We stayed for one night in the four poster bedroom overlooking the road and churchyard and, although there was a quite a lot of traffic passing by during rush hours, the windows were practically sound-proof and we had a great night's sleep on a very comfortable mattress. The food was wonderful and all the staff were warm and friendly. We loved the rustic, unspoilt building and the roaring fire too. Ideal for cosy winter evenings! Will definitely return.

PS: There's a wonderful gift/clothes shop which also sells lots of gorgeous smelly things and all sorts of lovely baubles, etc, just round the corner from the Vine Hotel but sadly the name of the shop escapes us!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Spratwaffler
BettyGoudhurstKent, Owner at Star & Eagle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2011

Thank you for taking the trouble to write a review about the hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and also that you found the double glazing does it's job! The little shop is called Village Life, we are lucky to have Kates shop in our village and an added bonus, my daughter helps out there too. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Have a great Christmas.