“Great value”

Premier Inn Gillingham Business Park Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Gillingham
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Nice hotel; it clean and comfortable. Polite and helpful staff. The food on offer next door was of a good standard. My only issue was the heat (28 degrees in our room) and no air con, but lets face it, thats only a problem for 2 weeks a year...

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Gillingham Business Park Hotel

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Stayed at the Gillingham Premier Inn, while attending a family party, just up the road. Therefore location was superb for us. It is close to a B&Q and a Furniture Village, not sure what else is in the area or why else you would stay there.
When we arrived we were very hot after a long slow journey, the 2 ladies on reception, were very friendly and offered us free soft drinks / ice / water.
We had a 2nd floor room, so no-one above us. The hotel is quite large so it was rare we heard anyone stomp past and we didn't hear any noise form our neighbours.
The room didn't smell of cigarette smoke - a first for a Premier Inn we have stayed in.
The room was clean if a little dated, and the bed as always, comfortable.
Something I have come across in Premier Inn's before is that the socket by the desk/vanity area is very close to the surface and something like GHD straighteners will not fit.
Bit of a pain when I was in a hurry to get ready, plugging it elsewhere with not enough flex to look in a mirror (ladies - take another mirror!)
There isn't any air conditioning, and we were only supplied with a very little fan, it would have been great on an office desk but didn't reach so far as the bed during the night. The window's open and we were only woken a couple of times during the night due to outside noise, thankfully our room faced the car park (which was free).
It was unusually warm, but the bathroom was very hot and quite uncomfortable.
We ate breakfast in the adjacent restaurant for breakfast, the staff were friendly and although relatively busy, there was plenty of choice and no waiting times. The food as always was good and sent us happily on our way after dropping the keys in the post box - simple.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main road, can imagine this would be noisy. Take a mirror with you if...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank carlasalter
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Whilst I grew up in the area, I haven't lived there for 20+ years and stayed at the Premier Inn as cover for a surprise family party. I'd passed it dozens of times so knew that it was right on a pretty bust road (the A2) though I don't think many (if any) of the rooms actually face onto it.

It's in a handy location easily accessed from the M2 and pretty well-placed for whatever you need to be doing in the Medway towns. I didn't eat dinner there, though did grab a beer in the pub/restaurant as I arrived there. The food looked decent enough for a Harvester-type big chain. Breakfast, which I did have, was certainly plenty good enough. The staff I encountered were very friendly and helpful and importantly (to me, at least) the wifi coverage and speed was very good - even in the furthest flung room in which I stayed. There's also a reasonable kids' play area for those travelling with families. Whilst there was no aircon, the staff were quick to provide fans (we stayed during the hot spell in July 2013) which helped.

All in all, I was pleased with the stay and will certainly look at a Premier Inn again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Rooms always clean and the beds are very comfy. It's also in a good location and very easy to find. The only reason I didn't give it 5 is because I think the cost of the wifi is too expensive. Other than that a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Drove to Dover to visit the castle. It was wonderful. Had plans to visit other points of intrest so we made reservations and stayed in Gillingham. Inn quality was excellent but noisy. Had a room on ground floor next to shopping center parking lot. Room was confortable, beds confortable (as always are), Check in fast with no problems, dinner reservation were made for us during check in. Service was excellent. Would return to this PremireInn if I am ever in Gillingham again. Brewers Fayre resturant was well worth the prices we paid which were reasonable.

Room Tip: ask for upper level room away from shopping center parking lot
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2013

This is the first time I've stayed in a Premiere Inn and I was very impressed, they were child friendly and offered everything they advertise they do. Would certainly recommend and will use them again

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Em22_M22
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed here for one night whilst visiting family nearby and as usual the standard was excellent. The continental breakfast (£5.25 each) in the Brewers Fayre next door was delicious and freshly prepared. They also do a standard cooked breakfast if required. If you are concerned about the road noise ask for a room overlooking the car park. Will definitely be using Premier Inn again and would recommend this hotel if visiting the tourist attractions of Chatham & Rochester.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gillingham
The King Charles Hotel
Bridgewood Manor - QHotels
St. George Hotel
St. George Hotel
#3 of 6 in Chatham

Been to Premier Inn Gillingham Business Park Hotel? Share your experiences!