TripAdvisor
Gillingham
Post
Inbox
Search

“A must for a Sunday Lunch. ”
Review of The Harrow Inn

The Harrow Inn
Ranked #5 of 134 Restaurants in Gillingham
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Harrow Inn at Lidsing Pub & Restaurant in Kent is a fantastic country Pub and Restaurant, steeped in over 220 years of history and heritage.Located in the small Hamlet of Lidsing, just outside Maidstone, Gillingham and Lordswood the building itself has lost none of its character and boasts a spacious bar and restaurant, cozy log burner fireplace for the winter months and a spacious well kept beer garden for hot summers days. Built in 1786, the pub has a long history, and today offers a cosy bar and a restaurant, serving real ales, draft beer, lagers, fine wines and freshly prepared food from its menu.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Fantastic Sunday Lunch today. Booked for 7 people, everything available on the menu. Great portions, well cooked, brought more cauliflower cheese and gravy out which is always a bonus! Delicious desserts, good value for money and the service team were superb. Highly recommended.

Clair A, Owner at The Harrow Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your glowing review. We all work as a team at The Harrow from the kitchen right the way through to the front of house. Sundays are now one of our busiest days so it is advisable to book now. We look forward to seeing you again.

Write a reviewReviews (328)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Dropped in to see my' ole' matey', after promising I would go and see her the previous week, but never got there, so, I decided to go and have a drink to see her and whilst I was there, I decided I was a little peckish, I had a spot of lunch and chose the lasagna, it was hot, tasty, meaty and delicious, the best Lasagna I have tasted in a very long time and I ate the whole lot ! I could tell it was cooked from fresh and I thoroughly enjoyed it, and can certainly recommend !

Date of visit: September 2019
AEPubsLTD, Owner at The Harrow Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

It was lovely to see you as I know how busy you are. Thank you for your glowing review our lasagna is one of our most popular dishes and you can see why. I am glad you managed to eat it all. Look forward to popping in to see you next time.

Reviewed September 13, 2019

Just had a delightful meal would definitely recommend The Harrow Inn. We were made to feel very welcome and special. Have even booked again.

Date of visit: September 2019

Thank you for your lovely review. Our aim is to make everyone feel welcome and special. We are so glad you booked again and we look forward to seeing you. We are noticing that more and more people are booking a return visit as they leave which is fantastic for us.

Reviewed September 9, 2019

My friends and I have been meeting monthly for lunch for a long while now and have been in many a hostelry and tea shops in the towns.Today was our second visit to The Harrow and it was as welcoming as the first visit.Clare ,the owner is a delight and could not be more helpful and had lit the fire to warm it up as it was so miserable out. To walk into a pub's restaurant and see tables set with white clothes and shiny cutlery,a flower and glassware is a joy to me.We had wonderful freshly cooked fish finger sandwiches(real fish) cooked to perfection and wonderful light batter one friend had a bruschetta with chilli and cheese and another had mushroom soup which she pronounced "the best she had ever tasted".On our previous visit ,there had been mention of Lemon Meringue Pie and Clare had one today especially for us,it was delicious.So we sat and chatted drinking our tap water and decided to book our Christmas lunch and obviously, booking next months lunch although seeing the menu we have decided to have a cooked main next time and the order for our Lemon Meringue Pie is also in the book. It may be slightly off the beaten track but it is so worth a visit we could not fault it thank you Clare and staff

Date of visit: September 2019
Clair A, Owner at The Harrow Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2019

Thank you for your glowing review. It is lovely to know that you are coming back with your friends and family over the coming months. Hopefully you will get to enjoy all the food on the menu. I look forward to seeing you next month if not sooner.

Reviewed September 1, 2019

Visited for a family dinner, nice place,good food if somewhat limited menu and service was o.k. Reasonable prices, what you would expect from a local pub serving food

Date of visit: August 2019
Clair A, Owner at The Harrow Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2019

Thank you for your review. We are in the process of changing the menu and apoligise if there ws not enouhg choice,. Hopefully you will return and we like our new and improved menu.,