“Reasonably priced pub grub!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Harrow Inn

The Harrow Inn
Ranked #4 of 113 Restaurants in Gillingham
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Harrow Inn at Lidsing Pub & Restaurant in Kent is a fantastic country Pub and Restaurant, steeped in over 220 years of history and heritage.Located in the small Hamlet of Lidsing, just outside Maidstone, Gillingham and Lordswood the building itself has lost none of its character and boasts a spacious bar and restaurant, cozy log burner fireplace for the winter months and a spacious well kept beer garden with a bespoke childrens climbing frame for hot summers days. Built in 1786, the pub has a long history, and today offers a cosy bar and a restaurant, serving real ales, draft beer, lagers, fine wines and freshly prepared food from its menu.
“Reasonably priced pub grub!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

We popped in while passing on a Tuesday lunch time, found the menu reasonably priced with some nice things on offer. My Husband had burger and chips, my daughter the Lasagne, I had the Bourbon coated chicken.. portion size was good, though we didn't wait too long for our food, we think it could become an issue on a busy day. We think its a good place to eat when its quiet, we will be returning to try some of the other things on the menu.

• Visited August 2012
TheHarrowInn, Owner at The Harrow Inn, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Hello mrsjburnett,
may I firstly thankyou for your review and your kind words.

I am just ever so slightly puzzled by your comment "though we didn't wait too long for our food, we think it could become an issue on a busy day".

Is there any chance you could give me insight into this comment? I cannot really give a proper response without fully understanding your review.

If you would like to email me in person at kris@theharrowinn.com, I then can fully understand your review.

Once again, thank you for the time you have taken to write to us.

Kris Orme
Director

The Garden of England, UK
“Great British grub in friendly surroundings!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

Enjoyed Sunday lunch at The Harrow Inn again today. This was our sixth visit and we have not been disappointed yet! The food is great and the staff are welcoming and friendly in spite of being rushed off their feet!
The restaurant is currently rated on trip Advisor as #2 of 16 in Gillingham but with the #1 being an Indian restaurant that actually makes this the best British food around. I wouldn't disagree with that!
A classic country pub that unfortunately lost a lot of its original features in a big fire it has been extensively renovated and redeveloped and is now a great place to eat out for families as well as couples. With ample parking space and a playground for the younger ones where the parents can keep an eye on them this is the perfect place for a young family to get away from the TV and computer for an hour or so.
Food is served both in the restaurant or out in the very well-kept gardens.
The place is a credit to the hard working and very hands-on owners and staff.
Always advisable to book beforehand though as it is rapidly growing in popularity.

Chatham, United Kingdom
“What a great pub!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

Every time we go to the Harrow we are more than satisfied withe the customer service and the food and drink. We come regularly with and without the children. The menu is varied and every item on it is delicious. Good work.

“Good quality food as well as good quailty friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

The Harrow is not what you would call my local pub. I have to pass 3 others before getting here but as far as I am concerned the trip is more then worth it. Chris and lisa have a great and friendly team there that are more them happy to go that extra mile. The food is freahly cooked and the meals are big enough for even the biggest stomachs. Working in the pub trade myself I know a great pub when I come across one. And I have to be honest when I say, as a package The Harrow will not disappoint.

uk
“Hats off to the Chef”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

This was our 3rd visit to the Harrow and I must say we did not leave disappointed. The food was excellent on all 3 visits, hats off to the chef, ive sampled the burgers, risotto and Steak so far (cooked exactly how I like it). I will certainly return again to sample more delights from the kitchen. We were served quickly, efficiently and always with a smile. I have been to several pubs/restaurants in my time and I can honestly say this was the best. nothing was too much trouble. All of the staff were friendly, the facilities excellent and will certainly be returning for a 4th visit. Have even recommended it to our Managers for the Christmas Do!!