“Best toboggan in Europe”

Chatham Ski and Snowboard Centre
Brussels, Belgium
94 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 120 helpful votes
“Best toboggan in Europe”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I have tried a similar toboggan in the Great Wall near Beijing. When I discovered this attraction, I did not doubt to use it together with my daughter: she loved it!!!

Visited October 2013
Andy R, General Manager at Chatham Ski and Snowboard Centre, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Thank you for your review, we like to think the ride is good as well!.

Kent, UK
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 273 helpful votes
“Tired, worn out and strewn with rubbish”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We've been here quite a few times over the years and enjoyed ourselves. Yes, the toboggan is as good fun as everyone says if you like the slow speed of sledging. However, if you come for skiing, its a truly awful experience.
The slope is worn out. The mats are different styles. The sprinkler system to reduce friction to allow you to slide down the slope only works in isolated patches. And even then only sometimes. So you sometimes manage to get some momentum up and then you hit a dry patch. Very disconcerting. The slope was also covered with rubbish. Mostly in three bands; animal poo at the top, polystyrene and plastics in the middle and paper at the bottom. All the vegetation had overgrown as well lending to the reudown feel. The few other people also skiing were having just as miserable time.
It has that rundown, late 70's feel to it.
£13.50 for an adult, £11.50 for a junior for 1.5 hours of misery. Save your money and spend it on something else.

Visited September 2013
4 Thank GlyderFawr
Andy R, Manager at Chatham Ski and Snowboard Centre, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you for your review. I have had e-mail contact I believe with this customer. He highlighted some of the issues which I agreed with. Sometimes on a dry sunny day which this was, the slope does not run as well as in damper conditions and I have offered him the opportunity to try the slope out when conditions may be better. Whilst being no excuse, the visit took place when I have had a number of key staff on leave so our landscaping/grass cutting wasn't as good as maybe it could have been.

We are located within a large country park and have large boundaries. We will get wild animals visiting the site and litter will blow onto our premises and we manage this as best we can.
I am sorry we did not meet your expectations.
London, United Kingdom
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Tobboganing gets a Thumbs up from us”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I've literally just got back from here and had the most Epic time!!Me and my mum decided to brave it and do the Tobogganing which is right next to the Ski Slope and well it was amazing. It was quick and simple to pick up and you are always in control of your toboggan so you can adapt speed to your liking. I really recommend this to families and couples and friends and maybe big groups like youth clubs. Its really cheap to.
There are other activities to do here to like the tubing and skiing, the decision is yours.

Visited September 2013
Thank you for taking your time out to review the Centre, your comments are appreciated. I am pleased you enjoyed the toboggan run so much and hope to see you back at the Centre soon.
Gillingham, United Kingdom
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Fun in the sun”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We did the £10 tobogganing and tyre slide, great fun for all the family. Tip on the tobboggan keep elbows tucked well inside. :)

Visited October 2012
Andy R, Manager at Chatham Ski and Snowboard Centre, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Hi Tracey. Thank you for taking the time to review the Centre I am really pleased you and your family enjoyed the Cresta Run. It is important to keep both hands on the handle as you ride the run I hope it hasn't put you off!

Regards
Hitchin
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Cresta Run is Ace”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Just came across this whilst at the Country Park, what fun. A toboggan run for all the family with no need for snow. Excellent crack though a bit pricey when the kids keep wanting more go's!!

Visited July 2013
Andy R, General Manager at Chatham Ski and Snowboard Centre, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thanks Lizzie for taking the time to provide a review for the Centre and I am really pleased that you found the toboggan run such fun! I appreciate that it can be addictive and understand that people are very cost conscious these days. We have kept our toboggan prices at the same level for the past 5 years with no immediate plans to increase. Last year was our record year for the run with over 200,000 rides taking place! I hope to see you and your family back at the Centre soon.