“Good, friendly service.”

Chatham Ski and Snowboard Centre
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Bought myself and my boyfriend a private snowboarding lesson at the ski centre as a valentines present.

The staff were friendly and helpful, the instructor was patient and kind with us as we hadnt been on a board before. by the end of the session we both had the hang of snowboarding and felt comfortable to try some moves out.

we really enjoyed the session, we learnt a lot and are planning to make it a regular thing!

Andy R, Manager at Chatham Ski and Snowboard Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Hi Teaqueen. Thank you for your review and positive comments regarding the Centre. I am really pleased you and your boyfriend had an enjoyable lesson and you continue to learn this great activity.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Visited the centre about a month with three children ..
We purchased some tickets for the ski slope and the toboggan run which at around a tenner was great value for money .
We hadnt eaten so decided to have some breakfast which was just basic fried food so i was shocked when it took half an hour to cook ..My partner twice went to ask the teenage girl serving if she could wipe the table from which i cleared myself in the first place..She seemed to be more intrested in having a laugh with the other male teenager who was working there!
On looking around the place i couldnt help noticing there was unused equipment and lots of wood etc that looked like it had been there for years?
Even when i was on the climb to the top of the toboggan run all i seemed to do is look at bits of tin and bits of rotten plywood!
I cant complain about the ride itself as its fantastic ...I think with a bit of effort and a week to tidy up it could be much better...At the moment it resembles a gypsy site!
Ive worked and managed some big atracttions and they all have their areas for rubbish etc but its usually off public view!
I like the fact that the manager replies to the reviews on here and would like to add that the criticism is aimed at pointing out things that i feel could improve the centre as a visitor attraction !
I now own my own visitor attraction and can see great potential in the place .
I also know that funding can also be a problem but cleaning the place of rubbish isnt going to cost the earth and would 100 per cent improve the look .

3  Thank PAUL K

Hi Paul

Thank you for writing a review of the Centre it is appreciated. I do certainly take on board your comments about the ride up on the toboggan. The "Gypsy site" is the freestyle clubs ramps and rails that are used every week for our freestyle night. I will speak to the organiser of the club and see if we can get rid of any unused pieces of equipment and get them to have a tidy up. Now you have mentioned, it I will look at maybe getting some bushes planted up the side of the uplift to help. Thank you again for your constructive comments.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Have recently Learnt to ski at Chatham, and had a couple of lessons from Gavin. Really enjoyed myself, wish I had started sooner! If your looking to have some fun and get some exercise this is the sport to try. The equipment is good, and staff helpful and friendly. The slope is plenty high enough and the toboggan is good fun too! Top marks to Gavin who gave me a great first lesson and gave me the confidence to continue.. He is a credit to the ski center and I'm so pleased, I'm looking to book a lesson for my wife with him. Top marks Chatham ski center ( and Gav )! - James

Hi James. Thank you for taking the time to review the Centre your comments are really appreciated. I am really pleased you had a good lesson with Gavin. He is one our newly qualified ski instructors and just shows our in house instructor training scheme is a good one!. We do pride ourselves on the quality of our ski and snowboard school and it is crucial to the success of the business.
I am also pleased that you found my team helpful and friendly as this is also important to me.
I will make sure Gavin sees your review!

Reviewed December 15, 2012

We have visited the ski slope a great deal this year, my partner and I can't ever get enough skiing. The staff are friendly and the slope is nice and long but the weekend opening hours are poor, only being open until 6pm on a Saturday.
The equipment is old, and if you use bigger skis or longer boards, in bad condition. The dendix still in place under pulley lifts is in desperate need of replacement as quite a lot of wires stick out, meaning I'd never use my own equipment there as it's asking to get deep scratches in the base.
The sprinkler system is also virtually pointless as it just creates wet and dry patches, which on dry days means an awful, awkward run.
Not bad if you can go up on a damp day, the main run is quite fun. On dry days, I wouldn't bother.

1  Thank BRJ82
Andy R, Manager at Chatham Ski and Snowboard Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Hi Neil, firstly thank you for taking the time to review the centre your feedback is appreciated. We do try to replace our ski stock as frequently as we can. All of our adult skis are Rossignol carving skis which are typically found in most rental situations and newer stock is being fed through each year.

I have asked my team to thoroughly check the uplift for the odd tie that may stick up and again we strive to make improvements where we can with this.

The misting system is something we have added this year. I appreciate your comments about it being hit and miss sometimes, however it is always difficult with systems like this to operate smoothly when the wind blows away the water from the slope. Some misting is better than none. We will try to refine the system next year if we can. Thanks again.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I went here on a Wednesday to do some open practice. I came after 2 o'clock so I got half off which was great. The service was really good, you can be out on the slope in just 5 minutes. I had an amazing time that afternoon, the week after that I came back again to ski some more and this time I also did the viper slide which was a lot of fun. If you're in the neighbourhood you should really visit this attraction!

Andy R, General Manager at Chatham Ski and Snowboard Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Thank you for taking time to review the Centre. I am pleased you are taking advantage of our half price Wednesday offer. The new main slope misting system does make a difference.