“Good value but basic average food.”
Review of Rowlands Bistro

Rowlands Bistro
Ranked #2 of 113 Restaurants in Gillingham
Cuisines: British
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kent
“Good value but basic average food.”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

When we visited on a Saturday night the whole place was packed out. The food was good value for money with generous portions but if you want a quality meal I would look elsewhere. Service was fine with friendly staff. Starters were fine but basic. Our main courses looked and tasted as though they came with frozen chips, and vegetables which were ok but nothing that you could not make at home. Desserts again were ok but basic. Overall if you are looking for a cheap 3 course meal for £20 a head from the set menu then give it a try, if you are expecting better I would look elsewhere.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Twotoneskaman

Rainham, United Kingdom
“Perfection as always”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I booked a table for Mothers day but my Wife had an accident so we were unable to make the booking as we spent the afternoon up A&E, Once out of Hospital I phoned on the off chance of getting a table, bearing in mind it was now late in the day and not far off them closing, The staff did all they could to fit us in, We had a lovely meal as we always do here and my Wife was helped to forget the pain she was in, Thank you so much Nick and Crew

Visited March 2013
Rainham, United Kingdom
“Totally unbelivable, and will never never return....”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I WILL KEEP THIS BRIEF

We booked rowlands for my wifes 40th birthday and had family travel up from Dorset and from Croydon.
There was a total of 16 of us with a couple of kids thrown in.
We sat at the back around the corner and on arrival i gave the waitress a cake as a suprise for my wife.
We ate the food which there was no complaints.
I asked a waitress to bring the cake out and some plates of which i can only assume was the grumpy manageress cam upto me and said we were not allowed to eat the cake in the restuarant as it was not on the menu.
WELL THIS KNOCKED ME FOR SIX.
I could not belive this and said surley they would have been happy for us to stay a ittle longer and have a few more drinks.?
Upon which we asked for the cake and left to have the candles and the happy birthday at home,we did not even leave a tip which we would normally happily doo.
NEVER EVER WILL WE SET FOOT IN THIS PLACE REGARDLESS OF THE OCCASION

• Visited September 2012
7 Thank Dave G
Gillingham
“60th birthday”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We took the family a party of 10 here for my husbands 60th birthday treat. They were extremely busy but the service was excellent. We all had a starters, dinner and four of us had a dessert, drinks before dinner, 3 bottles of wine and other drinks including 2 large glasses of port and it came to less than £30 per head excellent value... My only criticism is they had frozen french fries and no baked potatoes, would have been much nicer with fresh chips or tho you could have boiled potatoes... Will definitely go again... oh and they have had a refurbishment was surprised how large the restaurant was.....

Visited February 2013
1 Thank tina-huggins
Gravesend, United Kingdom
“Nice night out”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Every year our family tradition would be to go to Rowlands around Christmas time for the last 4 years. I have always found the service to be great and food spot on, apart from one occasion when I though the chicken wings gave a weird smell from them.

Decor is a bit dated but I guess we like the tradition feel as too many restaurants now are very modern with no character.

Ill see you there this Christmas..

• Visited December 2012