“Perfection as always”

Ranked #3 of 119 Restaurants in Gillingham
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I booked a table for Mothers day but my Wife had an accident so we were unable to make the booking as we spent the afternoon up A&E, Once out of Hospital I phoned on the off chance of getting a table, bearing in mind it was now late in the day and not far off them closing, The staff did all they could to fit us in, We had a lovely meal as we always do here and my Wife was helped to forget the pain she was in, Thank you so much Nick and Crew

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I WILL KEEP THIS BRIEF

We booked rowlands for my wifes 40th birthday and had family travel up from Dorset and from Croydon.
There was a total of 16 of us with a couple of kids thrown in.
We sat at the back around the corner and on arrival i gave the waitress a cake as a suprise for my wife.
We ate the food which there was no complaints.
I asked a waitress to bring the cake out and some plates of which i can only assume was the grumpy manageress cam upto me and said we were not allowed to eat the cake in the restuarant as it was not on the menu.
WELL THIS KNOCKED ME FOR SIX.
I could not belive this and said surley they would have been happy for us to stay a ittle longer and have a few more drinks.?
Upon which we asked for the cake and left to have the candles and the happy birthday at home,we did not even leave a tip which we would normally happily doo.
NEVER EVER WILL WE SET FOOT IN THIS PLACE REGARDLESS OF THE OCCASION

8  Thank Dave G
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We took the family a party of 10 here for my husbands 60th birthday treat. They were extremely busy but the service was excellent. We all had a starters, dinner and four of us had a dessert, drinks before dinner, 3 bottles of wine and other drinks including 2 large glasses of port and it came to less than £30 per head excellent value... My only criticism is they had frozen french fries and no baked potatoes, would have been much nicer with fresh chips or tho you could have boiled potatoes... Will definitely go again... oh and they have had a refurbishment was surprised how large the restaurant was.....

1  Thank tina-huggins
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Every year our family tradition would be to go to Rowlands around Christmas time for the last 4 years. I have always found the service to be great and food spot on, apart from one occasion when I though the chicken wings gave a weird smell from them.

Decor is a bit dated but I guess we like the tradition feel as too many restaurants now are very modern with no character.

Ill see you there this Christmas..

1  Thank HolidaysD17
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We went to Rowlands for my wifes Birthday and had a great night. Service and food is great and very welcoming on arrival. We have a 2 month old aswell and they were very accomodating towards this and happy to bring the surprise birthday cake to the table after mains!

We all had steak dinners; brochette, cajun and fillets and no one left an ounce of meat on their plates! Would recommend all of them!

Must go if you love a friendly atmosphere and a great steak dinner!

1  Thank Ash M