“Cute hideaway.”
Review of The Yard

The Yard
Ranked #7 of 104 Restaurants in Faversham
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Homemade, foodie hideaway in a tranquil historic faversham mews. Café/bistro serving fresh, local & seasonal food. Community, arts & music centric.
Reviewed December 10, 2018 via mobile

Nipped in for lunch.Had a delicious burger in a brioche bun with relish,chunky wedges and slaw.About £12 so not cheap but it was very good indeed.Very welcoming atmosphere and genuine personal service.Only criticism,it was freezing cold and I had to keep my coat on.

Date of visit: December 2018
1  Thank 536billt

Reviewed December 8, 2018

Visited here today at 12ish for lunch, the food was great....best burger I have had for a long time. However, the service was terrible. We were a table of six, which you would think would be hard to ignore in this small venue but we were ignored even after asking if we could order twice. Meanwhile another table next too us, who arrived after us were served. It was 40mins before we had a drink on our table, 1 hr till food, which isn't great when you have a 5 & 7 year old. We had to help ourselves to menus, we helped ourselves to water and even helped ourselves knives and forks. Not even a sorry it took so long or sorry we missed you.

We think the food is amazing, we love the atmosphere and as Faversham residents are keen to support places like this. We have the money and appetite to spend here on a regular basis, so please help us to keep coming back by making the service the same standard as the food. For now we will be going to other faversham favourites where they appreciate that young kids can't be left for an hour to wait for food.

Your potential regular customers, lost

Date of visit: December 2018
2  Thank Peter B
Reviewed November 10, 2018 via mobile

Visited for brunch upon recommendation. So pleased we did. Food and coffee very tasty. Staff friendly and welcoming. On the way out I eyed up the cakes and said couldn’t have any because I only have vegan cakes and they happily pointed out vegan cakes and recommended one which I took home. 5*

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed November 9, 2018 via mobile

Superb lunch with my husband who had the bacon burger with blue cheese and agreedcthat it tadted every bit as good as it was presented.I had the seasonal salad with roasted butternut squash, chickpeas,caramelized red onion,feta etc.Delicious!! The Yard never fails to deliver...be it a meal or coffee and cake.Lovely,friendly staff too!

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank Carole M
Reviewed November 6, 2018 via mobile

I have visited the Yard on a couple of occasions for breakfast / brunch. The food has been delicious and beautifully cooked each time. The team were really accommodating and enabled my daughter to order a meal not on the menu and we really friendly towards her.

Date of visit: September 2018
YardFaversham, Owner at The Yard, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write this Marie. It means a lot. Thank you for your continued support.