“Fantastic food”

The Carriage Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 104 Restaurants in Faversham
Cuisines: European, British, Gastropub
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A relaxed comfortable restaurant located within The Railway Hotel, Faversham. Serving fresh and predominately local food prepared by experienced chef Nick Martin and his kitchen team.
Reviewed May 19, 2019 via mobile

My girlfriend and I went here for the first time today. The staff were very friendly and welcoming and the food was outstanding. We both went for pork belly which was amazing. I was also introduced to apple butter which I had never heard of till today but has now become a bare essential with any pork dish. Will definitely go back and highly recommend to anyone. 5 stars!

1  Thank Jono E

Reviewed May 19, 2019

Staff were very friendly! Food was amazing! - highly recommend the pork belly for Sunday lunch.
Would 100% recommend to my family, and hopefully come back soon!

1  Thank rachellarking
Reviewed May 12, 2019 via mobile

We've visited this place a couple of times now and each time the food has been lovely. Would definitely recommend.

1  Thank Louise R
Reviewed April 30, 2019

What impressed me before even tasting the food was the fact that there was space between tables! So often, even in expensive restaurants, the tables are packed together. Here there was room to relax at your table without have another table within touching distance.

The menu was very reasonable and very yummy. Beautifully presented, linen napkins, a helpful waitress and a lovely atmosphere.

Don't pass this restaurant by just because it is close to the station. In fact, The Carriage has a theme of railways with posters and decorations. Proper cooking at it's best. Thank you Nick (chef) and lovely waitress! We will return!

Date of visit: April 2019
1  Thank Amanda503918
Reviewed April 26, 2019

We enjoyed a good meal here in a railways-themed setting
Sinatra played gently in the background
We had local asparagus with duck egg to begin.....excellent
I had belly of pork and my partner had local lamb.....both really good
We drank a bottle of very good Viognier and a glass of the house red
The menu is fixed price for one, two or three courses
Basically it all works well. A good meal and a reasonable price and we will definitely be
going back