“A real treat!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Faversham
Read's Restaurant with Rooms
Ranked #2 of 15 Faversham B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We had a wonderful overnight stay in a very comfortable and pristine room.

The dinner was first class with plenty of choice and the menu made good use of produce from the walled kitchen garden. Super canapes with drinks before the meal and delicious 'sweets' with coffee afterwards.

We will definitely return!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jumbolady

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Unfortunately we could only stay here for one night due to a change in plans but we wish we could have stayed longer. A warm welcome, very relaxed, friendly staff, excellent food and wine, everything one could wish for and more

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Reads exudes an old world charm----- cottage style rooms; extremely comfortable beds with top quality linen, well equipped bathrooms and a central help yourself pantry.... Restaurant is traditional old world comfortable . Very nice food but with some faults eg luke warm potato, some dishes underseasoned. Nevertheless, a very good meal. Excellent, beautifully served breakfast. All the staff were competent, knowledgeable and very friendly. In pretty grounds with an interesting veg garden which provides some of the produce for the hotel. A lovely place....

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2012

My wife took me here for a birthday treat, and I will not forget it for all the right reasons!
Everything from front of house service and greeting to meals and drinks were first class!
I don't really write long reviews but I feel like I could write a book about this place!
Food and wine is second to none!
Attention to detail is 100 per cent.
My only slight tiny niggle was that towards the end of the evening it was a little to warm.
Will def be going back.... And soon!
Would highley recommend !!!

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Westham64
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Spent another great night at Reads, we had an large excellent room at the front (Chestnut I think) & a brillant dinner again. The food & service cannot be faulted in anyway whatsoever.
Breakfast in the morning was again top notch, the full English.

If i had any comments, it would just be to have tea making facilities in your room, I know the pantry is a short walk along the landing, but if you just get out of bed and meet another guest, its not a pretty site wearing the dresssing gown and your wifes slippers !!

But cannot fault it in anyway

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank amosite
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We arrived at Read's on Friday afternoon and stayed until Sunday morning. From start to finish our stay at Read's was one of luxury, From being greeted at the main door and our luggage being carried up to our room to us leaving on the Sunday morning the staff could not do enough for us whilst not being over fussy. Our room was lovely - creaky floorboards only added to the atmosphere of the room and did not cause a problem The bathroom was luxurious as was the decanter of sherry and the lovely fluffy bathrobes and Penhaligon shampoo and bath gels. The pantry down the hall was a wonderful idea. Being able to make a tea, coffee, chocolate or basically whatever hot drink you wanted when you wanted it was a wonderful addition. The fresh lemon, ice cubes and freshly made shortbread were perfect additions. The food on both evenings was absolutely perfect with wide choices and the drinks in the drawing room beforehand were very a ver nice touch together with the Welsh Rarebit, olives and Anchovy toast. If I have one criticism of the whole experience of our stay I do think for the price that we paid the breakfast could have been a little more exciting. Full English consisted of an egg, a sausage, three rashers of bacon and three halves of tomato (all of which were cooked to perfection), toast and some pastries in a small basket. Saturday morning there was no offer of jams or marmalade to go with the toast but we found this on our table on Sunday morning. There was no offer of Worcestershire sauce or ketchup on either days. We were offered cereals but not informed of what the choices were. There was no information about breakfast so we weren't sure what was on offer if we didn't want a full English (a few mushrooms, black pudding, or a hash brown might have been nice) - were kippers, haddock, omlettes or any other breakfast goodies on offer? Having said this - it certainly wouldn't put me or my husband off of a return visit as the whole experience was one of elegance. The grounds of the house are also very nice to walk around.

3  Thank mouse010
Reviewed September 20, 2011

There is a reason Reads has a Michelin star and it is because the food, service and ambience here is quite simply the best. Reads is my favourite Restaurant in the UK and I am lucky enough to live nearby. I've been coming here for many years and never have I experienced anything but excellence. I sometimes wonder about undeserved negative reviews. Everyone has their own opinion I suppose but here are the facts.
The Chef - Patron David Pitchford is highly respected within the profession, and many top Chefs visit (including some of those that are UK household names)
At front of house is his wife Rona who ensures everything runs smoothly as clockwork. Both Rona and David are dedicated professionals with a highly efficient and charming team.
The rooms - I've seen all of the rooms and stayed in one of them. Set upstairs in this small and beautiful Georgian house - they are a good size and all of them, without exception are refined, tasteful, elegantly furnished with top quality fixtures and fittings - as is the Restaurant.

A second Michelin star perhaps?

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends