“Great little curry house”
Review of The Raj

The Raj
Ranked #36 of 103 Restaurants in Faversham
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 21, 2019 via mobile

Have been going to this Indian restaurant for years. We can always guarantee a good meal here. Staff are very attentive and friendly. Wouldn’t go anywhere else in the town

Date of visit: January 2019

Reviewed November 29, 2018 via mobile

We were fairly optimistic we’d get an ok curry, from previous reviews, but this restaurant needs a revamp, new menus and a new chef!
The front of house staff are pleasant but let down by a shabby, slightly grubby, restaurant, we were really put off by the laminated menus that were creased, torn and greasy!
Poppadums were cooked in rancid oil.
Everything we ordered was covered in a layer of oily onions, the tarka dhal was cold, bland and stodgy and a prawn dish arrived in half a red pepper with the seeds left in. My tandoori chicken was so dry and salty I couldn’t eat it.
The tandoori roti was good, everything else was horrible.
Don’t try and eat curry in Faversham!
We’ve learnt our lesson ....

1  Thank TomSouthStreet
Reviewed November 9, 2018 via mobile

After talking to a couple of local people this place was the best option..so off I went, armed with great TA reviews....God I’m pleased I didn’t go to one of the others.

The place is a bit shabby and the food, served in a few minutes, was, well..really average, basic pre cooked chicken in a standard, very oily sauce, I suppose this is the standard we accept now.

4  Thank Rogerlin
Reviewed November 3, 2018 via mobile

Our friends wanted to take us to The Raj as it was their favourite Indian Restaurant when they lived in Faversham. They didn't disappoint. The staff gave great service and the food was excellent. I have eaten in various places up and down the UK this is definitely number one for the food. Choice on the menu was extensive and the portions were adequate. Did not leave feeling that we had over-eaten but had had a very tasty meal.

Reviewed October 6, 2018

The Raj always looks busy but my friend and I were happy to be able to get a table. The food was delicious, very well presented and very tasty. The staff were genuinely very friendly and patient no rushing to pick up plates. Would definitely recommend and will be going there again without doubt.

Date of visit: October 2018