“Lovely town, lovely B&B”
Review of March Cottage B&B

March Cottage B&B
Ranked #7 of 15 Faversham B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Faversham is a lovely authentic town - and when you're visiting, March Cottage is the ideal place to stay: clean rooms, comfortable beds, loads of privacy, a very welcoming and friendly host and an absolutely superb breakfast. Also, it's only a ten minute walk to the historic town centre. Nothing left to wish for? A simple wooden chair, perhaps, so that guests can sit at the desk and do some work... That's it, really. Recommendation.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Can happily recommend March Cottage. Sarah and her family were welcoming and the room was pleasant, clean and comfortable. They were more than accommodating when it came to having our lively 21 month old grandson in their home. The full English breakfast and other options were tasty and plentiful. The cottage is located in a quiet street off the main road, close to the centre of Faversham town centre, but not too close.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Both my daughter and I really enjoyed our stay here. Lovely room which opened out onto a patio and garden area. En suite well appointed and clean. Excellent choice of breakfast and the food was good quality. The owners were welcoming and friendly. Would have no hesitation in recommending this B and B.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Convenience, comfort and care – the best B&B that I have ever stayed in. Sarah and Graham Moss are a credit to the Bed & Breakfast industry!

I stayed in the double en-suite "Garden" room. It's self-contained and separate from the hosts' main house, the same position and size as a single garage at the end of the drive. The room insulation is good, the angled roof ensures guests aren't disturbed by rain or wind and all windows are double-glazed. This all is very effective at excluding any unwanted noise. (Note – if you don't appreciate birdsong you may well be advised to bring earplugs – as I did – to block out the local magpie's campaign on a blackbird's hedge nest.)

A very thoroughly appointed bedroom with TV-Freeview combo and beverage-making facilities. There are three pairs of modern plugs that I found (all with safety switches). I found it clean, airy, light and lived-in. Cards and copious brochures inform the visitor of all manner of local attractions and amenities. A helpful touch are the up-to-date gazetteers from English Heritage and the National Trust. (Ask for the password for secure wifi if you wish.)

Furniture is well-made, in great condition and the full-height wardrobe amply stocked with a dozen coat-hangers. (A woman may wish for a larger table for a dresser and an upright chair – the room has one wicker easy chair). The adjustable upright mirror, A3-size atop the chest of drawers is sturdy. As the TV sits on a tower of drawers too, this makes for lots of storage space. Bed extremely comfortable. As one who is susceptible to disturbed sleep on holiday in a strange bed I did not experience a problem. All in all, a comfortable and cosy room to stay in.

Shower room excellent quality fittings and finish. Shower is hot and as strong as you wish with adjustable head. Men – mirror illuminates with a switch and there is a WORKING SHAVER POINT (how often do we get that?). The property has a modern water softener (to all faucets except the main kitchen) which seems to mitigate tummy problems from change of water which people like myself normally remedy with bottled water. Very soft, lathers easily, tastes wonderful.

As a guest with many dietary requirements I had some ingredients which my hosts were helpful in preserving in the fridge and freezer. I could not enjoy the Full English breakfast but I did see others' and it looked exceptionally well-cooked, not overdone. Aside from oats and my own cake I had two poached eggs, cooked through with a runny yolk – just how I like it! As the eggs were deliciously flavoursome I can imagine how wonderful the other choices taste. Breakfast times are flexible so guests aren't obliged to rise with the dawn to be fed for the day!

During my stay I was taken ill whilst eating out one evening. I was bed-bound an entire day and recovered over the remaining three. During this whole time my hosts Sarah and Graham were consistently sensible, concerned and caring for my welfare, at one point offering to call for the doctor if I felt the need. This turned out not to be necessary but both of their professional attitude and personal interest enabled me to feel well-cared for and did much to allay the concerns of my family, some of whom reside many counties away and others who were holidaying abroad. They felt, as I did, that I was in good hands.

The property is in a leafy street off Faversham's main through-road and easily accessible from the motorway by-pass. Park under a beech tree outside the house to shelter your car from the searing heat of the English summer! (Another twin room is self-contained in the main house with its own entrance. I only asked for a brief look, but it looks appointed to the same high standard.)

Sarah and Graham Moss' commitment, dedication and friendly care are second to none!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 2, 2013

My partner, daughter and I had a 1 night stay at March Cottage. We were more than happy with the clean, private and spacious accommodation. Beautiful breakfast room with lots to choose from or a traditional english reakfast.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 2, 2013

The 2 nights that we stayed in Faversham were very pleasant. Everything was spotlessly clean and the breakfasts (we tried all options; cooked english breakfast as well as fruit, yoghurt and cereal) were delicious. We enjoyed our stay very much and Sarah and her family were very welcoming, friendly and accomodating. We definately recommend it and hope to come and stay again!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Pleased to report about March Cottage B&B in Faversham;

Good clean twin-bed room with separate shower room along a short lobby. Plenty of storage space in the twin bedroom, comfortable bed, cable tv, tea/coffee .My stay was for 3 nights, and the cooked breakfasts were well presented and tasty!
The hosts Sarah & Graham are a very nice couple that like to make people welcome .Be very happy to book again.

Room Tip: b&b rooms are to ground floor of detatched house. Have not used any other b&B rooms to date.