“Uninspiring”
Review of Gunpowder Mill

Gunpowder Mill
Ranked #3 of 3 Bars & Pubs in Faversham
Reviewed May 21, 2019

The servers were very nice, the food was Ok-ish. More fodder than a pleasant meal and the place was empty by 9:30 p.m.

Reviewed May 20, 2019 via mobile

Traveled down to Faversham to spend to spend time with my family. Came here for the first time and we were appalled. Restaurant had 9 people in, we waited about 45 minutes to get 3 meals... 2 of the meals got sent back. By the time they came back out my meal was cold. Went past the kitchen and saw the kitchen staff messing around in the kitchen. We now know why out meals were very poor. With such a good exterior it was expected to have outstanding food but we were wrong.
When I asked for my steak to be cooked to medium... I expected it to be medium. Not cremated.

Wouldn’t come here again after our experience.

Reviewed May 20, 2019 via mobile

On arrival was very quiet , so thought would be fine . Then the following happened :

When placing our order I ordered haddock and chips , my partner ordered mix grill , and my father in law ordered burger . We had a long wait but when I came my father in laws burger was char grilled (burnt) and my order came out so wrong so instead of Haddock and Chips I got Ham and Eggs with Chips. The gent who takes the orders obviously doesn't listen much as there is a big difference between the two meals.

Definelty would not reccomend this place and would NOT come back .... such a disappointment

Reviewed May 19, 2019 via mobile

We've been a few times, best to avoid weekends as just too busy... but during the week you have spec ro breath and all together more pleasant for all.

The food is good, and service friendly... we will visit again, but only during the week.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed May 16, 2019 via mobile

Used to be a great chain style restaurant/pub/rotisserie when it first opened and had settled in with staff etc. Food was nice, meats well cooked well and in the case of the chicken moist etc. However on our last two visits we’ve found the dinner to be taking a long time to come out and when it does it’s been mostly over cooked and under portioned. We are giving it a 6 months grace before we visit again to see if things improve with kitchen staff etc. Also if the managers still the younger lady with the long dark hair and glasses she’s an absolute gem. Can’t do enough for you etc.

Date of visit: February 2019