“Handy for walking along the River Eden”
Review of The Old Eden

The Old Eden
Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Edenbridge
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Comfortable seating both inside the pub and in the rear garden. There is a good-sized car park behind the pub. We have always been made very welcome and have enjoyed the wide-ranging menu. Our Club groups have frequently visited The Old Eden, of a weekday morning and sometimes on a Saturday afternoon.
We do phone in advance to book a group in, and usually pre-order food where necessary for our morning or day-walks before leaving for the walk. Very tasty food, and we always enjoy the range of ales (Westerham Ales and others ...)

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Loved the building, with beautiful fireplaces (yes there's three!!) We were sat next to one which was well attended and burning all evening which made it very cosey. Tasty fresh food, and nothing we asked was too much trouble although they were busy. The desserts were huge!

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Joined my boyfriend and his colleagues for post work drinks at The Old Eden pub and ended up having a meal there. I had the pie of the day - turkey, ham and leek with chunky chips (plentiful) broccoli, carrots and a wonderful sauce served in a small gravy boat. Refused dessert until I realised they offered proper English puddings and after a lot of deliberation opted for spotted dick and custard. Prices were very reasonable for the area - my main was £10.50 and dessert £5.50 and worth every penny. So pleased this pub is right on my doorstep and will definitely be eating there again. Reading other reviews, the Sunday roast is high on my agenda.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

My brother, sister in law and I visited this wonderful pub on a Sunday lunch time. The pub only caters for Sunday Roast on Sundays, there is no other choice on the menu. For us that didn't matter as we love our roasts. I had roast chicken and my family had pork. You are given a choice of leg/wing or breast and you are provided crackling with the pork. Both types of meals came with Yorkshire puds, James Martin would have been proud of them! The dinner was simple, very tasty and plenty of it. Included in it was freshly roasted root veg, stuffing, roast potatoes.
There are plenty of ales on tap, some local. The bar staff and waiting staff were very friendly and attentive. Really smashing pub, low beams, log fires and comfy seats. There is plenty of parking around the back, so no need to park on the main road. I would advised to book here even during the week as they get busy. The pub also has regular a pub quiz , not sure how often think it is a Thursday but not every week. The restaurant part of the pub allows children and all of it allows well behaved dogs.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I had traditional Sunday lunch with a friend today. I had the pork my friend the lamb. Both meals were of a high standard and flavoursome cooked to perfection The Eden mess for desert was delicious though we shared a portion between us it was enough for 2. The coffee came in separate pots and enough for 2 cups each. So no scrimping on the servings!,

The staff was very attentive and friendly We asked to move beside the lovely welcoming real fire which was no problem to them.

They are dog friendly.

The old Eden has got back its magic. And will be going back again soon.