“So glad we found it!”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 24, 2014

We've lived near Edenbridge for ages but never tried The Old Eden until a couple of weeks ago. We popped in just for a drink and ended up staying for supper. This was delicious and we really liked the whole atmosphere and surroundings. The pub is really old and the decor is very sympathetic. It's clean and welcoming and the food is very well cooked and served. Good simple pub fare served with a smile.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

A friendly, warm and clean pub. Well kept national and local real ales on offer.
A good daily menu and specials board. My husband had the pie of the day "steak any kidney" he would prefer more kidney and I had Bubble and squeak with an excellent sausage and two eggs. I like fat over my eggs to heat the tops but that is just me. Fabulous freshly made parsnip crisps.
A very good experience as of late we are finding it more difficult to find pubs that keep their standards up. Thank you Roger & co.

Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in on the off chance after reading trip advisor reviews. Both of us had a fabulous roast pork Sunday lunch. Good service, nice and hot, generous portions, very tasty home made food. Veggies all cooked perfectly too. Desserts were excellent too!!! Thank you and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

We ate at The Old Eden last night...........
This was the 2nd year running that we had eaten our annual Christmas meal at The Old Eden. We re-booked for 2013 as we had such a fantastic meal in 2012. On re-booking we were delighted that the Christmas menu prices had stayed the same, £25 for a 3 course meal ( brilliant!)with plenty of choice for everyone ( Vegetarians and fish eaters too!). We were a party of 16 and upstairs all to ourselves in the delightful gallery -very traditional with beams and open fires. We met in the bar for a drink and then moved upstairs for our meal.
The service was exactly on time, all the starters came together and everyone's choices throughout the meal we delivered without fault. The most popular starter was Tiger Prawns with a chilli sauce - I had these and they were excellent, the bread that was served was also exceptional. All other starters were highly commended by everyone.
The main courses all arrived in perfect time. The most popular was the Roast turkey..........the portions are extremely generous, the vegetable plentiful and cooked to perfection. It was faultless. I had the Dover Sole and it was beautiful. I would also like to say that they presentation of every meal was excellent too! I also heard that the venison steak was brilliant and came with an exceptional variety of vegetables.
Lastly the dessert again came in perfect time and was thoroughly enjoyed by everyone. The Kentish Cheese selection had a wonderful creamy stilton and a glass of port! Coffees followed smoothly without any fuss.
I can't recommend The Old Eden Pub highly enough for excellent value & good quality food. All the staff are brilliant and a very special thanks to Linda and Roger the landlords who made sure our evening ran so smoothly. I can honestly say it was better than last year which was brilliant!
We will 100% be booking again for 2014 and will return throughout the year to enjoy this fantastic pub!

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Great Sunday lunch sitting by large open fire. Food was exactly as you would want perfect portions cooked and served with care.
Will try again.

Theoldeden, Owner at The Old Eden, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Many thanks for your kind comments - look forward to seeing you again.