“Average and would return again”
Review of The Swan

The Swan
Ranked #14 of 22 Restaurants in Edenbridge
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Description: A friendly county pub oozing with character. Homely food available at good prices. Entertainment for all ages. Wednesday - mid week bbq. Thursday - quiz nightIntroducing karaoke every other Friday Sundays we have a great all day BBQ serving platters, burgers sausages, fish, ribs chicken wings and a cold buffet
Reviewed May 3, 2014

I've been to the swan a few times, the beer is averagely kept, and the food represents the price. You can get a decent plate of food for around £6 to £9. It has a massive garden which in the warmer months is great for the kids to run around. Service is ok. While it is not a pub I would rave about, I will go back.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

The girl who served us didn't smile once,she brought our food to the table and not once was she friendly, hardly anyone in pub at lunch time,so sad it used to be such a nice pub and busy, the food was fine it was only sandwiches,we all ate them . When we were leaving we all said goodbye and she didn't reply ,she was leaning on the counter with her head on it. Doubt we will be back .it used to be a friendly pub.

2  Thank ANTHONY L
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Just a bit disappointing. We went for a Monday lunch and had to wait 15 minutes at the bar before anyone appeared, the food was ok but menu very limited and slightly concerned I would suffer later on after the sausage baguette...

Huge tv screen above the fire playing bbc news a bit of a strange feature.

1  Thank Naomi G
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Ordered fish and chips with salad which was excellent. The cook has his own recipe for a waldorf-like salad and it was a pleasant surprise. Fish and chips were good also.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Popped in for a quick pint on my way home from a night in The Old Eden.(A lovely pub.)
Within minutes being threatened by drunken thugs who appeared to be drinking with the Landlady!!. Back to the 80`s in all the worst ways. Genuinely did nothing wrong,but these drunken scum were threatening to "stab me in the eye" for "being gay"! Im not,but it should not matter if I was!! My neighbours advised me to keep away from The Swan,and now I understand why!
Will never return and strongly advise against anyone going there.
Too many proper,decent pubs in the area to bother with The Swan!

5  Thank cherryvale06
Rachel L, Owner at The Swan, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

The Swan is nothing like you have discribed in your review. It is a lovely family pub and sorry you feel that way. The swan can reassure you that aggressive or discriminatory behavior is not tolerated and never will be. The Swan welcomes all persons from ever walk of life and will continue to do so. All other reviews show the real atmosphere of friendly pub