“We stayed NEVER AGAIN”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dymchurch
New Beach Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We went to new beach Ist week of the school holiday...Never again would I stay here..We had to move vans Because of bees .No 2 van Found blood on sheets .dirty Tissues under mattress..Fridge not working Grill and cooker same ..Had to throw away the food we had ..This was meet to be a lovely holiday with my friend and grandchildren..How wronge can i be.because of the move .we was given a free meal .i order prawns as a started and chicken as dinner ..both came at same time .chicken was put on one side and came back to me cold 20 mins later ..the person bring the meal to me pulled faces behind my back ..not good for my grandchildren to see ... talking to one of the manages the next day ..he said cant help the local people we employ...????????????? lots more i could write but most have been said b4 never again would i go to this site

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for New Beach Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK

Reviewed September 12, 2012

We booked this site through Hoseasons, having booked a caravan previously through them and stayed on a beautiful site down in Devon. Couldn't have been more disgusted with New Beach though. For the first time ever in my life I refused to stay. Having queued to check in, was given a key for a caravan and a map to locate it on the site. The 'chalets' that we had to walk past to reach the caravans looked like they belonged to a 1930s military establishment and frankly need knocking down! As we struggled down to our caravan I kept telling myself that it may look shabby on the outside but as soon as we opened the door we were hit with overwhelming smells of damp and cigarette smoke. On returning to reception to complain we were told that they could "bring the febreze" down. Were also told that they would offer us a chalet but they were fully booked - and on commenting on the state of repair we had observed were told that they're "better on the inside". I was grateful that we could choose to ask for a refund and leave - there were other people arriving who had obviously come by coach so can only assume they would be forced to stay there. I don't complain very often but felt compelled to write this review to just warn other people to steer well clear of New Beach.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Resrey_12
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Yes, the site needs a good clean and the chalets especially need disposing of and replacing with caravans or at least a damn good clean inbetween times.. We've just got back from a Fri-mon stay and it wasn't as bad as I feared it was going to be. After reading some of the other reviews I went armed with cleaning materials and cloths and decided if I had to spend the first 2 hours cleaning then I would. I opened the door with some trepidation and then let out a sigh of relief. Yes, it was basic and a caravan probably near the end of its life, but it was clean and because it was a Bronze it meant that we could take our dogs. The pool area presented no problems, and if the food was like "the worst school dinners" then there was a different kitchen crew on to the one that we had. The receptionist (Lisa) was polite and friendly, as were the shop, kitchen and bar staff and the kids entertainers were lovely. I've been to places that were no better except that they were bigger names and charged more. If parks become part of national newspaper offers then the accommodation is going to be worked hard for a good part of the season. Maybe it's down to expectations?

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I booked through the site in August and had a 2 bed silver plus caravan. Sadly it was 2 rows away from the club house and had the pleasure of hearing everyones mobile phonecalls at 2 am in the morning and a full blown family row going on!! its a shame because apart from that we enjoyed our stay and found the staff helpful. We advised the staff they really need to reply to comments on here as its not doing them any favours.
2nd stay (sept 7-9) was already booked prior to our first stay in august, we had gone through SUN holidays, so when we rang to upgrade they told us they were sold out. we was very worried, but thought as the weather was looking great we still went and took the chance, we was lucky on arrival we was told we had already had an upgrade and got a 3 bed caravan on the far end of the site, was pleased with the caravan and area, people moan about the parking (lack of it) but I feel the site is safer for children not having cars drive around the caravans. The swimming pools is great, clean and well staffed, even in the busy period they never let too many people in and gave wrist bands out, we waited 15 mins once & the staff were dealing with alot of people arriving but still knew who had come first, so no pushing and shoving to get to the front.
The site is slightly run down, grass is cut but they don't seem to pick up rubbish before cutting. I spoke to an owner who said its a lovely site but has gone down hill due to the type of people staying, she advised me to book through a letting agency in Dymchurch i think it was call New romney letting agency, they charge per night, so short breaks through them would be better.
I would return for a weekend, i think I would get bored with a week, entertainment is good and swimming pool is good, they need to install maybe another play area for the kids,
Dymchurch beach is lovely and very safe and clean, kids loved it.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

lovely weekend with hot sunshine, stayed in a chalet which was a surprise as was expecting a caravan. chalet adequate but in need of modernising. struggle to get oven door open and couldnt have a shower as hot tap went off when turned on cold! shower attachment to bath so really needs shower. plenty of room though.
park facilities good for length of stay. advertise as being within walking distance of beach but is a bit of a trek. swimming pool dull for children. Dymchurch lovely, recommend the ship for food.

1  Thank Wolves1978
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We had to book a Bronze Caravan as we have a small dog, we booked a four night break in early september this year. The first caravan was filthy and mouldy and smelt disgusting. The bedding was stained with???? so had to borrow some from a relative who had their own.
When we complained they said "We have been busy" but the dirt was at least 6 months old, not been cleaned at all.
They did move us but even this caravan had it faults, again was not cleaned, really old frozen chips in the freezer, mould growing on the curtains, holes and mould on the nets. Light bulbs gone etc etc etc......
The wife cleaned the caravan as best she could with very rare items of a damp cloth rinsed in hot water. 9It would appear the cleaners who work for New Beach don't know what a damp cloth is and or what it should be used for.
One last thing, neither if the caravans they rented us had Carbon Monoxide Detectors in them! I thought these were now a Health and Safety Requirement for ALL rental Vans!!!!
When we left this morning we told them about the second caravan problem, and they said you should have said something, but I pointed out we had come away on Holiday to see the sights etc, not spend the days in the office having to complain and keep moving from caravan to caravan.....

I would love to hear what the General Manager has to say about this so will be writing to him and coping the Head Office too.

So please book a Holiday here at your own risk, or at least insist on a Gold Plus Caravan that is less than 6 Months Old (It might still be a bit clean)

You have been warned......
On the bright side though the staff and entertainment team in the main complex were friendly and helpful and on the whole the food was nice and there was good choice available (we ate there everyday as I wouldn't let the wife cook in the Caravan as the Pans were...... well lets just say not really hygienic....

Two Old Holiday Makers aged in their 50's

Room Tip: Don't Book any Accommodation there!!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Phil E
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Where do I start??
The site grounds were dirty and untidy
The caravan we stayed in with our 3 young children was filthy and had a very overpowering smell of cigarettes.
The walls had dirt smeared over them. The floors were the same.The carpets hadn't seen a hoover in years and were covered in pet hairs and stains
The windows needed a good clean. The toilets smelt of urine.
The bedding was old and dirty.
I wouldn't let an animal sleep there.
When I complained to staff they told me to 'open a window and spray air freshener'!!!
The whole site needs pulling down and starting again.
It is an awful place and I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy.
I also had to call the police as property of my son's was stolen.
Don't go here, it is run down and dirty. A complete waste of money.

3  Thank SuffolkAndrea
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dymchurch
George Hotel
Premier Inn Ashford Central Hotel
Littlestone Hotel
Littlestone Hotel
#2 of 5 in New Romney

Been to New Beach Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK? Share your experiences!