“One of the best pubs around”
Review of The Bohemian

The Bohemian
Ranked #27 of 117 Restaurants in Deal
Cuisines: Belgian, French, Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 24, 2014

You will go a long way to find a better pub than The Bohemian. Lovely service, food excellent and great atmosphere. Why isn't it rated higher on Trip Advisor? Food was superb! My wife had the fish pie 2 nights in a row and said it was close to the best fish pies she has ever had. I had the chicken curry which was better than any Indian restaurant I know (sorry Rose!).
We ended with a shared desert and had a bottle of wine and still left paying only £40 each night. Great service and lovely place. One of our favourite haunts!!!

Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

This is a lovely pub to relax in so don't be fooled by the unnecessary paraphernalia in the window that makes it look like a cafe!

We went in for a Sunday lunch and managed to order the roast just before the 3pm cut off time. The lamb and chicken were both delicious and despite the rock hard baked parsnips the accompanying veg and Yorkshires were very tasty. The price was a little higher than I'd normally expect to pay but it's only a minor point. Staff were friendly and efficient as well.

Definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

After we finished we went upstairs to the cocktail bar and were introduced to "crack babies"; a fruity champagne cocktail.....If it wasn't a Tuesday we would have had many more than we did!

All in all a very nice pub/restaurant. We would definitely visit again. Keep it up in the kitchen....Good job!Whilst staying in Deal for a couple of days I visited the Bohemian with my wife for an evening meal. The restaurant is full of quirky/funky decorations and the bar manned by friendly staff. I had the fish pie and my wife had the American hot pizza. Both meals were delicious and very well presented, the fish pie was especially nice, creamy and left me wanting to eat it all over again.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

The food at the Bo is consistently excellent, and at less than £10 per head for a first rate Sunday lunch, it represents fantastic value.
Not only is the food first rate, the relaxed atmosphere, professionalism and attention to detail make it a fabulous experience. Not surprising, given Buzz's credentials and track record.
Never mind the underwear ( which is now gone) - this is a classy but hip destination.

1  Thank Didge46
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Six of us have just had a really excellent Sunday roast with tender tasty beef, home made Yorkshire puds. crispy roast potatoes and freshly cooked vegetables. Our party also sampled the pork with crispy crackling and lamb with all the trimmings which were similarly delicious. Warm, cosy and convivial surroundings with a sea view. The young waitress even braved the rain to replenish their cream supplies for our puddings!!

Been to The Bohemian? Share your experiences!