“One helluva tasty burger” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Burger Brothers

The Burger Brothers
Reserve with OpenTable
The Burger Brothers is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 109 Restaurants in Deal
Cuisines: Bar, American, British
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Burger Bros introduced gourmet American inspired burgers to Deal in 2012. Our restaurant & Bar on the seafront, based in The Clarendon Hotel (Opposite Deal Pier) is a place to come to enjoy great tasting food and drink within an informal, fun setting. All of our produce is made in-house and cooked fresh to order and we are always developing new and exciting menu ideas. Our beef comes from a smallholding near Canterbury and we only utilise one animal at a time, so there is no cross contamination of produce. When you order your food, you'll also have the chance to savour our eclectic range of craft beers, wines and cocktails. It is advised that you book at weekends. And you can also hire out our bar or restaurant area mid-week for celebrations and private parties.
Chislehurst, United Kingdom
“One helluva tasty burger”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Interesting place, located in the garden of a pub, not far from the high street. Pub staff are very friendly and very welcoming! Opening hours 9-12noon, 1-3pm, 6-9pm, so a little planning required! they do take aways as well. Food is served from what appears to be a hut / trailer in the garden of the pub. Don't let that put you off! The burgers are amazing, they are 5oz patties, beef or lamb with various fillings, I had the lamb burger, served in a brioche bun, extremely tasty, meaty and not greasy. They do a BBQ platter for £15.00 per person and the size of it! Meat eaters you will be in your element! I don't know anywhere in England that comes a close second! Everything tasted fresh and very good value for money. We tried all the sides, wouldn't have the fries and onion rings again, (big portions) but too greasy for me, not their fault, I hardly eat fried food. However, the burgers and hot dogs, (yes, I tried one of those as well, ) are to die for and I like to think I know a good burger when I see one. Even my boyfriend who does not usually like burgers loved it! Well done burger brothers, would definitely come back,I am dying to try their brunch, and would drive from where i live in chislehurst, outskirts of Bromley in Kent to try it as well worth the visit.

Kent
“Best burgers this side of Dallas!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

Wow, the burgers, and fries, and onion rings, and slaw were fantastic. Having lived in Texas for a few years I can say these beat all the big so called burger outfits in London. Served in the pub, the Deal Hoy, or in the pub garden they were absolutely fantastic. Perhaps I should be saying they were terrible, then there would be more for me. If you want a really succulent burger, this is the place for you....see you there! PS..service good as well...

Walmer, United Kingdom
“Felt let down”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

Decided to try "The Burger Boys" today because of the excellent comments posted here. We were very disappointed, the only positive thing we can say is that the service was excellent. We called the Deal Hoy to enquire about the opening time of The Burger Boys, not realising it is in the pub itself. We were told we were a bit early but almost immediately the phone went, we had been called back and were told we would be contacted a soon as they were open. When the second call happened we ordered and almost immediately drove the mile to the pub to pick up the order of two cheeseburgers, fries, onion rings and coleslaw. These were ready with only a short wait. The reality did not live up to the expectation. The burgers and onion rings were dripping in grease and had dripped on our table runner before we realised. The burger buns were too sweet tasting for our palate and the pickle spear was missing. The burger patty was ok, but overall not great. The coleslaw was dry and such a small portion I find it hard to believe it cost £2. There were 4 onion rings, 50p each! The chips were a complete failure, they were soft, only just warm and bitty obviously made from small potatoes. All in all we were not impressed, maybe we were too early for things to be good. We really feel we had very poor value for money, the burgers may be made from quality beef but £17 for two take away burgers, a small portion of chips, four onion rings and 100ml of coleslaw will not have us rushing back.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mrscoml
WozzaBoy, Owner at The Burger Brothers, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Hello. Thanks for taking the time to write about your experience. I'm sorry you felt let down. I remember your call, as I was the one who took it. I was also the one who cooked your meal, first of the evening. Whilst many of our take-away customers are happy with how we prepare our food, I take on board your feedback. I feel the fries, being crisp when they leave the fryer will lose their crispiness after being in a greaseproof bag for a certain period of time. It is something I am looking into and wish to perfect. The fact they were over greasy is annoying, as I always make sure the chips and onion rings are well drained of oil prior to packaging. Obviously on this occasion it was not enough, and for this I apologise, there is no excuse. It's not a good feeling when someone feels let down. In terms of cost I feel we offer excellent value and feel that perhaps your lack of enjoyment of the meal contributed to this. I will work on our take-away service and aim to improve it and sorry that on this occasion you did not enjoy it. Perhaps if you want to come in and eat, or try our weekend brunch or Sunday BBQ you will change your mind about us and not let this one instance tarnish what could be for you an enjoyable experience. We do hope to see you again sometime in the future.
kent
“Yummy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

We went for breakfast on Father's Day, lovely food, was nice to have something different for breakfast and our 2 year old loved the pancakes!! We had a southern breakfast and it really was lovely. Smoothies where very good too. It was a nice touch doing them In beakers for the little ones, children seemed to be very well catered for. Staff where all very friendly and would go out of there way to help. The cost would have been the only down side for me as was a little more than I would like to pay for breakfast, but with the same token is was something different And I would return and recommend it.

uk
“Great brunch, definitely return.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Booked brunch for Father's Day after many weeks of trying to get there with friends. We weren't disappointed.
I love American breakfasts and this didn't disappoint. The kids meals were great, well sized and the chocolate chip pancakes were deemed the best she had ever eaten, and she is a fierce 8 year old critic!!
My "grown up" pancakes were heavenly and satisfied the maple syrup bacon salt/sweet combo that the Canadian half of me adores. The heuvos rancheros were also delicious.
The setting in the Hoy is good as lots of space and kids could play in the garden. The waitress was very helpful in bringing us everything we needed quickly and lovely and friendly.
Going out for brunch can be tricky in the UK as still not really a tradition, but thanks to these guys, we can now, no problems, in Deal....yippeeeee!

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to The Burger Brothers? Share your experiences!