“Felt let down”

The Burger Brothers Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The Burger Brothers Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 112 Restaurants in Deal
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Burger Bros introduced gourmet American inspired burgers to Deal in 2012. Our restaurant & Bar on the seafront, based in The Clarendon Hotel (Opposite Deal Pier) is a place to come to enjoy great tasting food and drink within an informal, fun setting. All of our produce is made in-house and cooked fresh to order and we are always developing new and exciting menu ideas. Our beef comes from a smallholding near Canterbury and we only utilise one animal at a time, so there is no cross contamination of produce. When you order your food, you'll also have the chance to savour our eclectic range of craft beers, wines and cocktails. It is advised that you book at weekends. And you can also hire out our bar or restaurant area mid-week for celebrations and private parties.
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Decided to try "The Burger Boys" today because of the excellent comments posted here. We were very disappointed, the only positive thing we can say is that the service was excellent. We called the Deal Hoy to enquire about the opening time of The Burger Boys, not realising it is in the pub itself. We were told we were a bit early but almost immediately the phone went, we had been called back and were told we would be contacted a soon as they were open. When the second call happened we ordered and almost immediately drove the mile to the pub to pick up the order of two cheeseburgers, fries, onion rings and coleslaw. These were ready with only a short wait. The reality did not live up to the expectation. The burgers and onion rings were dripping in grease and had dripped on our table runner before we realised. The burger buns were too sweet tasting for our palate and the pickle spear was missing. The burger patty was ok, but overall not great. The coleslaw was dry and such a small portion I find it hard to believe it cost £2. There were 4 onion rings, 50p each! The chips were a complete failure, they were soft, only just warm and bitty obviously made from small potatoes. All in all we were not impressed, maybe we were too early for things to be good. We really feel we had very poor value for money, the burgers may be made from quality beef but £17 for two take away burgers, a small portion of chips, four onion rings and 100ml of coleslaw will not have us rushing back.

1  Thank mrscoml
WozzaBoy, Owner at The Burger Brothers Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Hello. Thanks for taking the time to write about your experience. I'm sorry you felt let down. I remember your call, as I was the one who took it. I was also the one who cooked your meal, first of the evening. Whilst many of our take-away customers are happy with how we prepare our food, I take on board your feedback. I feel the fries, being crisp when they leave the fryer will lose their crispiness after being in a greaseproof bag for a certain period of time. It is something I am looking into and wish to perfect. The fact they were over greasy is annoying, as I always make sure the chips and onion rings are well drained of oil prior to packaging. Obviously on this occasion it was not enough, and for this I apologise, there is no excuse. It's not a good feeling when someone feels let down. In terms of cost I feel we offer excellent value and feel that perhaps your lack of enjoyment of the meal contributed to this. I will work on our take-away service and aim to improve it and sorry that on this occasion you did not enjoy it. Perhaps if you want to come in and eat, or try our weekend brunch or Sunday BBQ you will change your mind about us and not let this one instance tarnish what could be for you an enjoyable experience. We do hope to see you again sometime in the future.

There are newer reviews for The Burger Brothers Bar & Grill

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We went for breakfast on Father's Day, lovely food, was nice to have something different for breakfast and our 2 year old loved the pancakes!! We had a southern breakfast and it really was lovely. Smoothies where very good too. It was a nice touch doing them In beakers for the little ones, children seemed to be very well catered for. Staff where all very friendly and would go out of there way to help. The cost would have been the only down side for me as was a little more than I would like to pay for breakfast, but with the same token is was something different And I would return and recommend it.

Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Booked brunch for Father's Day after many weeks of trying to get there with friends. We weren't disappointed.
I love American breakfasts and this didn't disappoint. The kids meals were great, well sized and the chocolate chip pancakes were deemed the best she had ever eaten, and she is a fierce 8 year old critic!!
My "grown up" pancakes were heavenly and satisfied the maple syrup bacon salt/sweet combo that the Canadian half of me adores. The heuvos rancheros were also delicious.
The setting in the Hoy is good as lots of space and kids could play in the garden. The waitress was very helpful in bringing us everything we needed quickly and lovely and friendly.
Going out for brunch can be tricky in the UK as still not really a tradition, but thanks to these guys, we can now, no problems, in Deal....yippeeeee!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I went there over the weekend and it was the second time I had their burgers. Very nice and tasty and reasonably price. The friendly atmosphere in the pub is also helping a pleasant stay

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I stopped by with a friend in the for a spot of non-traditional Sunday lunch, and I'm glad that we did. This was by far one of THE tastiest burger experiences I've had for some time, and incredibly good value to boot.

The pair of us shared a Mexican-style Tijuana burger that was on special, which the staff kindly added a few extra layers of chilli heat to at my request, as well as a beautiful lamb burger, the biggest onion rings I've ever seen in a light, crispy batter, a portion of pukka chips and a crunchy coleslaw. Perfect with a pint and the weather certainly didn't hurt.

My only criticism, if you can call it that, is that the beef burger was fairly well, when I prefer mine rare to medium-rare, but it didn't suffer dryness for that, was still totally moist and succulent. Other than that, full marks all round.

I've got big hopes for the Huevos Rancheros, a Mexican breakfast treat I've always wanted to try, but never had the chance to. Will report back here once I have!

WozzaBoy, Owner at The Burger Brothers Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Hello and thanks for your review. So you know, all our burgers started off being cooked medium and pink, but the EH people came down and slapped our wrists, telling us that each burger needed to go out 75°C, which leaves no room for pink. So we've tried our best to offer a middle ground by lessening the cooking time, which is why the burger is still moist. However, I've spoken to restaurants, many of whom are up in arms about this, and quite rightly so, and they will cook a burger to order based on the customers needs. So whilst our default offering will need to comply with food hygiene regs, I cannot see any reason why a customer of mine who wants their burger cooked medium and pink cannot be denied it, just as you would when ordering a steak. So next time, let us know and we shall oblige.

We also look forward to seeing you for brunch one day soon, Huevos Rancheros is my all time favourite breakfast, and I think we do it justice.

Good on ya!