“Nice food”

Pop Up Cafe
Ranked #2 of 13 Coffee & Tea in Deal
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: Open 10-4 Thursday - Sunday and everyday during school holidays. Also most Bank Holidays. Local independent cafe serving homemade food and amazing coffee. Brunch-Lunch. We bake our own sourdough bread on site along with a number of tasty treats. We use speciality grade coffee and also offer filter coffee. Large seating area upstairs can accommodate groups. Tags: Brunch, Lunch, Snacks and light bites. Cake, Coffee, Loose leaf tea., speciality coffee, third wave, sourdough, best coffee in town, salads, bakery, filter coffee, latte art.
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Very nice tasty food and friendly atmosphere. we loved the new dcorations. The coffee was very nice. The sandwiched very tasty and fresh

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Great coffee, produced with care. Food good and some interesting twists, like sausage roll with onion marmalade. Cakes also very good. Not much atmosphere, and the service was efficient but a bit cold. Overall a good addition to Deal.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

This was our first visit since the refurbishment and I am pleased to say that the service and quality is still as good as before. The homemade cakes are all fresh and hard to choose which one to buy. Piping hot quality coffee completes the experience. Very well worth a visit when in Deal.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Most stopped for tea at Dunkerley’s Hotel but four went to the Popup Café at 16 High Street which although sounding a bit impermanent has been there since last summer. It has a bright room upstairs, serves real leaf tea and makes the best banana bread I have ever tasted.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I first went in the Pop Up cafe just after it had opened. Like other pop up shops it had taken over the space just as the previous owners had left it and I wasn't sure it would last. The owner was baking and something had just come out of the oven. "I'll have whatever that is", I said. "Oh, I don't know if it's worked", she replied. I had it anyway and it had worked! A delicious 'bakewell' sort of pastry which was great with the excellent coffee.
I was disappointed when later I saw that the cafe had closed. But it's back! They've made a few changes, moved the counter to the front and matched up the seating a bit. The days delights are still written up on the window in white marker with an arrow pointing to the item in question and now it's not just a pop up cafe but 'the pop up cafe'. Ok, it's not got the greatest views, being opposite the old Woolworths store, now a Poundland, but this is heart of working Deal and a town definitely needs a good heart.

Been to Pop Up Cafe? Share your experiences!