“The only pub we could find serving food on a sunny lunchtime!”
Review of The Port Arms

The Port Arms
Ranked #70 of 116 Restaurants in Deal
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 3, 2014

The staff were great here, making sure we were able to order our meal before the kitchen closed. It was a sunny afternoon in half term and we had driven round half of East Kent looking for a pub garden to have lunch. (We really weren't being fussy - just couldn't find anywhere interested in serving us).
Our meal tasted great - plentiful and good value too. I had a baked potato with tuna, which came with plenty of salad. We sat in the sun looking out to sea at Deal pier. Lovely and recommended!

Reviewed June 1, 2014

The beer selection is excellent and so generally are the bar staff ...

But the food ... lets start with my friends cheeseburger. For a start, no cheese. After the bar lady checked it and rang the kitchen they then argued with her claiming there was cheese. The chips were good enough, the salad was ok. My friend who like me loves burgers and eats them a lot, proclaimed this the worst she had ever had. Little more than a greasy poorly seasoned piece of sausage meat and a burger bun that was ok, salad very greasy

So to my ham and cheddar baguette. No Cheese but filled with unexpected salad and cucumber (which I loathe). This time when I mentioned it an embarrassed bar lady told me she had ordered the wrong meal for me, this was ham and salad. The ham was thick, fresh and tasty real ham, that pushed this review up to an average. The baguette was probably fresh earlier that day but needed toasting to bring it back to scratch by the afternoon. Grated cheese did arrive, but it didn't go with the salad. I have no idea why there were nachos on the plate, I've not seen that before. I don't eat capsicum and the salad was full of it so I can't comment on that. I did not notice salads mentioned on the menu as coming with meal ...

Overall I suspect this is a pub that does pub drinks and events well, but think the staff and kitchen may have been struggling with the sheer number of drinkers and eaters on 31 may, it was very very hot and the outside was jam packed

I expected much better on the food even as a late lunch (300pm)

Reviewed June 1, 2014

The food in this place was amazing. The staff were lovely and welcoming. Our food was brought out quickly and it was beautifully presented, there was plenty of it too. The prices were very good. They have rooms there too which are priced really well, we will definately stay there next time we visit deal. Nikki the landlady was lovely and very helpful. Looking forward to going back there very soon. 5*

Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Stumbled across this pub looking for lunch after finding other restaurants full and one of the other pubs having finished serving food at 2.30 on Bank Holiday Monday! We were told there would be a 30 minute wait but it was certainly worth the wait. I had thai green curry which was the best curry I have ever had in a pub. My husband and daughter had steak and ale pie. Neither could eat their full meal as, although all the food was lovely, the pies are huge and probably a challenge for most people! I would highly recommend the food in this pub and cannot wait to return.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Having ordered a evening meal I was told that there would be a twenty minute wait. One hour and ten minutes later it finally arrived and by that time I had to rejoin a group of friends who had eaten elsewhere and so had to leave the plate with the food uneaten. Very disappointing and I will certainly never return.

1  Thank Eddy D