“excellent!”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Recently ate here with a good friend for a birthday treat. Service from the barman was very friendly and welcoming, very attentive and helpful. The food was outstanding - my friend had chicken dish with rice which was very well presented and tasty he said. I had the lasagne, salad and garlic bread, we shared a bowl of homemade chips. All food was homemade, wonderfully presented and good sized portions. I then had the best cheesecake I have ever tasted - Vanilla with strawberries and a sauce and homemade ice cream. I would say this food was of top quality restaurant standard. Very friendly customers in at the time who were having trouble keeping the wood burning fire alight but it all added to the fun of the occasion. Will definitely return as soon as possible to try some more dishes on the menu.

There are newer reviews for The Port Arms

Reviewed November 6, 2012

We dined here the night before we travelled to France. We couldnt fault the food - it was very good. Unfortunately the night we went it was wet and windy but we can image how beautiful it would be to sit outside on a summers evening. The pub is right in front of the sea and gives great sea views from windows and outside seating. Would certainly go again.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Great Food and Great service we go every week and have never been disappointed try the steak its fantastic

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Again I returned to The Port Arms for lunch. This time a ploughman's. Hot bread, generous lumps of cheese, real ham, pickle & salad. The bar staff were friendly & the beer clear & cool. Good service & fair prices. I will return.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Went on Saturday 29th September. Had two lamb shanks and two different types of mussels, Provencal and Mariniere. All food home made and excellent quality - mussels were very big. 10-11 quid for mains. All the food that was being sent out of the kitchen looked fantastic. They seem to have redecorated since I was last in six months ago - new owners/managers? I am glad there is another pub in Deal that does great food - we will be back!

Been to The Port Arms? Share your experiences!