“New Hotel Rooms”

The Crown Inn at Finglesham
Ranked #12 of 127 Restaurants in Deal
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Beautiful country pub cooking fresh to order food. Eat in our bright restaurant overlooking the garden, in the bar area or in the garden. Extremely well stocked bar. We cater for meat lovers, vegetarians, allergies and children. We are also dog friendly. We can do large tables, parties and we have a stunning Kentish Barn for weddings.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Excellent staff. New Clean Hotel Rooms. Pub Grub. No dressing table or mirror in room. No bedside tables. Lack of hanging space in all rooms . No flat surface in bathroom or hooks. Just needs tweeking.

1  Thank Romney69
hovenden, Owner at The Crown Inn at Finglesham, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Sorry that you didn't think the rooms were up to standard. All rooms have mirrors in the bathroom and the bedroom. Noted about the bedside tables. However all rooms have wardrobes in them so there is hanging space. There is a flat surface in the bathrooms - where the towels are and we decided hooks were not necessary, no one has mentioned this before. We have taken your comments on board.

Write a reviewReviews (315)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I last reviewed this place two years ago. I feel I should submit a second review as I had a fabulous lunch there today. I chose the chicken and mushroom pie with mashed potatoes (the alternative was chips).
It arrived piping hot with three types of veg. The serving was generous.
The pie was one of the best I have ever had - really flavoursome. The beer I selected was good, as was the service.
Overall, I very pleasant pub meal.
We will definitely return.

1  Thank RichardB9059
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Booked Sunday lunch for my fathers 80th birthday and 15 family and friends. Service was superb and attentive with all meals delivered at the same time. The Sunday roast offered was not only great value but of high quality. ( recommend the lamb). As a testament to the chef all food consumed, even though the portions are generous. Nice also to visit a restaurant with home made deserts. Not tasted rice pudding like that since my grandma use to make it. Our thanks to the chef and bar/waiting staff for a fabulous day.
We will certainly return for more!!!!

2  Thank Alan S
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We went for lunch here a few days ago, my husband had pie and chips which looked amazing. I asked the barmaid about a vegetarian menu and she brought me the board which I opted for vegetarian burger and chips. Lovely food, nice and hot.

Welcoming and attentive barmaid, who was thoughtful and checked if all was okay and did we need anything further.
Lovely little pub to visit.

2  Thank faithKent
Reviewed September 8, 2019

Visited this pub/restaurant for Sunday lunch with my family which included two small children. The atmosphere of the restaurant was good and the staff were efficient and friendly. It was perfect for the children who amused themselves in the garden where there was plenty to do, including a bouncy castle. However the food rather disappointed.

There was no mention of the menu on their website so we went into the meal completely ‘blind’. As a non- meat eater I was surprised to find no fish dishes on the main menu and only one as a ‘special’ - which I didn’t fancy. So I opted for two starters - prawn cocktail and smoked salmon.

When it arrived the prawn cocktail was a surprise. I’m sure that the presentation was meant to look ‘cheffy’, but to me (and my wife, who had the same) it looked a mess. There were only four prawns, covered in quite a basic Marie Rose sauce, and a little salad For this we were charged the princely sum of £7.95 ! Scandalous ! I had made a prawn cocktail starter for a dinner party the week before, which comprised 10 prawns per portion, on a bed of watercress, soused cucumber and avocado with a much tastier sauce for less than £1.50 a head.

My second starter was beetroot cured smoked salmon on a herby scone. The salmon tasted of smoked salmon (no trace of beetroot) the scone was dry and tasteless and the portion was minute. To bulk this up I had a portion of very nice (but over-priced) chips.

I’ve based my three star assessment on the ambience, friendliness of the staff and it’s child-friendliness. But the food was very disappointing, and in my opinion, overpriced. I won’t be visiting again !