“Lovely refurbished pub. Lovely Sunday Lunch”

The Crown Inn at Finglesham
Ranked #16 of 112 Restaurants in Deal
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Beautiful country pub cooking fresh to order food. Eat in our bright restaurant overlooking the garden, in the bar area or in the garden. Extremely well stocked bar. We cater for meat lovers, vegetarians, allergies and children. We are also dog friendly. We can do large tables, parties and we have a stunning Kentish Barn for weddings.
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We have been to this pub before as friends live in the village. What a change!! It has been beautifully extended and now has a lovely airy modern feel about it. Fab sliding concertina doors out on to the patio which means alfresco but still just inside!! We had a wonderful Sunday lunch with friends. The staff are friendly and we had a laugh with them. Good atmosphere. Play stuff in the garden for the kids. Will definitely be going back.

HolidayKent, Owner at The Crown Inn at Finglesham, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Dear Sandra, thank you for your comments. The restaurant is our proud and joy and it is lovely to hear that other people enjoy it as well, and to know that all our hard work is appreciated. Look forward to welcoming you next time you are here

There are newer reviews for The Crown Inn at Finglesham

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Attended a wedding at the crown, nice location and the food was really good. The only thing that spoilt the evening was the locals trying to get into the venue and leering at the female guests.

2  Thank MarkE1971

Hi Mark, pleased you enjoyed the wedding, I certainly did. Sorry that you thought some of my locals were leering at the girls, but I believe they wanted to see the dance floor and lights - which were truely wonderful. So pleased that you liked our pub and enjoyed the food.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

We visited The Crown at Finglesham on a hot summer Saturday with family and their two young lads. We had lunch there and, although the food was good, what made the visit special was the excellent play area which kept the kids entertained for the entire stay. Great for families and with a restaurant extension that looks immaculate; I'm in the planning stage for my company's Christmas Dinner and will certainly be taking The Crown into serious consideration.

1  Thank The_Fabric_Fairy

Hi, the play area is brill, isn't it, children happy, adults happy. The restaurant is brilliant for Christmas parties. We will have our menus available end of this week, so if you would like to have a look at it for the firms Christmas Party give me a ring. Look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Serving great food - in fact far better than just up the road where we were staying. Not perfect as I had pigeon breast which was overcooked but the rest of the meal was absolutely lovely and tremendous value. We just could not understand why there were so few people eating there - a great find weith warm and hospitable service. Highly recommended.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Very pleasant, comfortable pub offering a varied but somewhat average menu. However a little more time needs to be spent on the finer points of service and presentation.

HolidayKent, Owner at The Crown Inn at Finglesham, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Thank you Margaret for your comments. Sorry that you feel the service and presentation needs improvement. We welcome all comments and I would appreciate it if you would be prepared to let me know why you think this. The only way I can put things right is if I am told there is a problem. My email is h.ovenden@btinternet.com I sincerely hope you will let me know.
Regards Helen