“Expensive cake and a very surly waitress”
Review of Jasin's Restaurant

Jasin's Restaurant
Ranked #88 of 110 Restaurants in Deal
Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
“Expensive cake and a very surly waitress”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Decided to pop over to Deal today as the sun was out and thought it would be an ideal opportunity to check this place out. We have a tastecard and asked if we could use this and was told no you have to book in advance (fair enough if that's the policy). It was the surly attitude of the young woman that was the problem. Looked at the all day breakfasts but wasn't really in the mood for that and as we are watching our pennies we decided we'd have coffee and maybe a cake if they looked ok. Went to the counter and checked them out and the cherry crumble looked good (I thought it was a cold cakey version) and left my husband to otder while I went to the loo. Sat down a the waitress bought over our coffees and said she the cake was on it's way. My husband commented to me a few minutes later that it was taking a long time just to warm it up. When they came it had been nuked so much that we had to wait a while for it to cool down again. It didn't taste as nice as it had looked in the display cabinet - a layer of cherry pie filling and very thick layer of too soft crumble.

We sat there for a little while and observed the waitress amble around then decided to go. I got up to go to the counter with my purse out and smiled at the waitress who proceeded to walk past me. She started to clear the tables that had been sitting uncleared since just after we sat down and as I waited at the counter to pay with another customer behind me she started clearing our table making me wait. Now I would excuse this if it was busy but it wasn't.

I then was told that it was £13.75 for two coffees and two cakes! I was a bit taken aback and told my husband how much it cost. He couldn't believe it and wanted to check and was told that the crumble was £4.95 each! I've eaten in proper À la carte restaurants that charge less!

I should have had a breakfast which was about the same price! Apparently they are award winning but I'm not sure I'll be taking a chance on going back and finding out! Sadly disappointed.

If you want a nice coffee with cake and a view go to Costa and get ot to takeaway and take that on the pier.

An extra point for the view.

• Visited March 2013

Sandwich, United Kingdom
“We Were (almost) Satisfied!”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We made a spontaneous decision to eat here in the early afternoon. I enjoyed the "small" all-day (served until 4 p.m.) breakfast, which is quite substantial and good value. My wife enjoyed her scone with cream and jam. The cofee and tea were very good, too. I had to wait a few minutes for the toast after receiving the breakfast, and had to remind the waitress twice, although we were the only customers waiting for food.

• Visited March 2013
Margate, United Kingdom
“Lovely food and great view”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

This was our first trip to Jasin's and it won't be our last, glad we braved the wind and sleet to get to the end of the pier.

Good choice of food and drinks, the *small* all day breakfast was yummy and actually rather large. OH enjoyed his tagliatelle and our little fella ended up sampling both our meals as well as his own humungous plate of nuggets and chips.

Everything was clean and waitresses came to clear tables as soon as people left.

Looking forward to going back, maybe with a bit less *weather* :-)

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Donnaspud
“Second attempt!”
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Dragged here by a friend that wanted to see what the place was like. Really didn't think it could be any worse than my first visit last year. How wrong could I be! Place looked like a bomb had gone off it it, dirty plates everywhere, knives and forks and food on the floor.
Half hour wait for what was ment to be coffee in a dirty chipped cup.
Do yourself a favour and avoid this place like the plague.

1 Thank Seasidewreck
Deal, United Kingdom
“delicious”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Visited the restaurant Sunday lunch, was very busy so the wait on food was about 30minutes, definately worth the wait! My meal was delicious, alot of food on the plate which is always a plus, i usually eat there weekdays so was suprised at how busy they were, as always the staff were very friendly and efficient. Would reccommend.

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank janet g

Been to Jasin's Restaurant? Share your experiences!