All reviews lovely cosy place family room town centre sea front regina landlady shower kettle seafront
Reviewed January 31, 2018 via mobile

The lady who runs this B&B is fantastic she will make you very welcome
Tip if you want anything specific for breakfast let her know in advance and she will get it for you
The only small blemish is that the shower was not very powerful , more of a dribble
But beside that everything was top notch

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
Regina k, Owner at Sondes Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2018

Great to hear you felt welcome.
(because Yes you are)

Shame though the water pressure wasn't up to your standards.
There's not much I can do about it as this is a Victorian home.
But it would have been nice to get this comment out of the horse's mouth.

All the best, Regina.

Reviewed March 6, 2017

Our guest immediately let us feel at home with her warm welcome ! We enjoyed a great location (close to so many activities), very competitive prices and a tastefully decorated place.
The breakfasts were delicious with many offerings and chatting with our guest was really friendly.

Room tip: All rooms are nice, you can't be wrong !
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank BobGale
Regina k, Owner at Sondes Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2017

It is lovely to hear you've enjoyed your stay.
Best wishes..

Reviewed February 3, 2017

This is a lovely cosy place to stay and very reasonably priced. .....located just by the seafront and near the town centre. The owner(Regina )is lovely and couldn't do more to please us we couldn't have asked for a better stay we will definitely be returning.

Date of stay: January 2017
Regina k, Owner at Sondes Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2017

thank you, I'm happy you enjoyed your stay.
Till we meet again, I wish you well. Regina.

Reviewed December 17, 2016

Sondes Lodge has 3 rooms space out nicely so guest(s) in each room enjoy own private space.
We stay in Room 2 which is a family room with tables and chairs by the window for street view and beach view in a distance.
In-room hospitality tray is sumptuous, as mentioned by other reviewers.
I was introduced to some very healthy, tasty Kentish fresh apple juice, and chips with Kent sea salt.
The house owner herself used to be a traveller thus making her a super host.

Room tip: Choose the family room
Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Regina k, Owner at Sondes Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2016

It is a pleasure to host guests who appreciate the little gestures for promoting Kent and other local produce.
Also attractions which Deal has to offer.

Thank you for staying in my home, Sondes Loge Bed and Breakfast.

Reviewed November 18, 2016 via mobile

I can't fault this B&B. Was greeted at the door by Regina the owner, who shook my hand and asked me how I was. "Cold", I replied, after a tiring day.

She offered me the choice of all the available rooms, and I chose one upstairs. She took me up and showed me in, where there was the usual selection of tea and instant coffee, but Regina asked if I'd like a filter coffee. I accepted, and she brought a tray stocked with cafetiere, milk, sugar, and a plate of biscuits (see photo).

The room and en-suite are *spotless*, as if newly fitted. The shower room is stocked with shower gels, shampoos, everything you need. The standard hotel tray of hot drinks includes three different teas, coffee, decaff, hot chocolate, lemon & ginger tea, peppermint tea...

Generally hugely impressed. Would definitely stay again next time.

Date of stay: November 2016