“Lovely food and nice atmosphere”
Review of Three Compasses

Three Compasses
Ranked #14 of 115 Restaurants in Deal
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 10, 2013

A group of us had dinner on 20th April, my husband's 65th birthday. We had a lovely evening, food was very good, service excellent and overall a nice experience.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I recently enjoyed a very pleasant meal with a friend at this restaurant. We both enjoy good food and while we like something a little different, neither of us enjoy overly fancy mucked up food. We both had three courses and enjoyed each of them, my fish in particular was beautifully cooked and well presented. We both termed the food we were served," proper food" What we had was well presented, not trying too hard and most of all was well portioned and didn't leave us hungry. Our waitress was friendly and the service was timely and appropriate. I would definitely return.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I always enjoy eating at the Three Compasses. The menu is fairly traditional and not particularly adventurous, but the food is very well cooked. I must remember not to have a starter because if I do, I have no room for dessert!
The atmosphere is very relaxed and peaceful.
Wine is good and it is all fairly priced.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

There was a great menu choice and all four of our meals were delicious. The vegetables in particular were beautifully cooked, as were all other ingredients. We had been before and enjoyed the food but felt the restaurant lacked atmosphere, this time for an evening meal, the place was buzzing and there was a lively feel. Definitely on our list for a return visit.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

There is nothing not to love about The Three Compasses. Firstly the food: the comprehensive menu caters to a wide variety of tastes and everything I have tried is delicious (I recommend the sprout liguine, the ox tail and the osso bucco). The price is excellent value for money particularly given the portion sizes. The location is terrific - right opposite the sea front and when you add in the warm atmosphere and the efficient service, I'd have to say well done; you have created a winning formula. Keep it up. I look forward to going back.