“Can't recommend highly enough!”
Review of Chequers Kitchen

Chequers Kitchen
Ranked #43 of 113 Restaurants in Deal
Cuisines: Contemporary, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Chequers Kitchen is now primarily a cookery school and we hope you will join us to cook together one day. This means the restaurant is no longer open routinely to the general public. However, there are still ways to come and dine with us and the bar will be open for hot and cold drinks whenever we are here - which is most of the time! We continue to hold our popular Demo & Dine events, with dates and menus listed on the website. We are a fabulous venue for Team Building, private group dining, celebrations and Christmas parties. And for those who have dined with us in the past we have our by-invitation Friends' Suppers and Lunches. The best way to find out about opportunities to dine at Chequers Kitchen will be to sign up for our newsletter. Or stay in touch via the website or this Facebook page.
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I organised a work day out for 50 of us - we went clay pigeon shooting nearby then headed up to Chequers for drinks and food. Pieter and Gary made the organisation so easy, the food was fantastic (our group are a tough crowd to please) and the team at Chequers couldn't have been nicer.
The terrace is just gorgeous on a sunny day, I would return to Deal just to visit Chequers.
Excellent!

1  Thank emma70443

Reviewed May 12, 2013

We were there twice: once for one of their seasonal food demonstrations, where you learnt how to use seasonal food for preparing your food at home, and once for dinner. Both events were a great experience which I will certainly not forget. During the food demonstration we watched Pieter, the cook, how he used readily available food to prepare the most delicious dishes (nine in 90 minutes, including ciabatta bread). Dinner: our focus was on South African food, as Pieter is from there, and we were not disappointed. When you have a chance to be in Deal, don't miss this opportunity to be delightfully surprised! You can also have lunch there.

1  Thank Wolfgang K
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Enjoyed dinner for two here on Friday 19th October 2012 . Ordered a Venison Potjie and a Plaice (did not have starters or desserts. Could not find fault with the food - it was well presented and cooked to perfection. Very reasonably priced. The restaurant is in a great location between Sandwich and Deal. Second time of eating there in the last two years and will definitely go back

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Firstly, I cannot understand the bad reviews on here...did you go to the right place?

The chequers between sandwich and Deal is a gem and I would recommend anyone to go there. We had a good sized meal at a reasonable price that you would pay (if not more) elsewhere! Beautiful food with all the little extras that others forget and the service is fantastic. Pieter and Gary Really make this place special, nothing is too much to ask. Excellent, and I am looking forward to my next trip already.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

It was a wedding party on Saturday night
14 of us and I e pelted the service and food to be amazing. When we arrived food at starter was plenty - not so good though but edible - we had mince beef, humours, salsa, all that jazz,...
So then we moved t main course
I asked for a sea bass...... OH MY GOD a fillet of Sea bass on a big plate with 3 cherry tomatoes... For 14 pounds??????? My friends had steak, again a steak on a plate with 3 cherry tomatoes... 16 pounds ??????
And then comes the birthday cake - horrible - 65 pounds??????
Then when the bill comes..... 603 pounds... 43 pounds per person??????? They dared to charge all of us 9.50 pounds times 14 starters??????? Just starters came up to 103 pounds ????? O MY GOSH. I felt like an assault ....

The food was horrible - complaints from 10 out of 14 and all found the bill a rip off.

I will never ever go back to that place,,, even other restaurants in canterbury charging less than that are muuuuuuuuuuuch better

A huge mistake never to be made again.,,,

1  Thank Ricardo S