King's Head Deal
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
$103
Priceline
The White Cliffs Hotel(St Margaret's at Cliffe)
$175
$83
Ramada Dover(Whitfield)
$94
$88
The Blue Pigeons(Worth)(Great Value!)
$112
$91
Hotels.com
All reviewsthe pubchannel viewsea viewguest houseb blovely old pubwould recommend a visitdog friendly publovely lunchfood menupielarge bay windowbeautiful flowersmid week breakfull swingfriday and saturday nightsunny day
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Perfect couple of days away from work in this quaint little family run B&B.
Clean and tidy rooms with character.
Didnt eat at night but breakfasts were just right and we were lucky with the weather.
Would definitely go back!

Room Tip: Top floor - room 5 i think
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Very spacious room powerful shower and accomidation for pets was good Will be back

Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stay at the Kings Head for a long weekend every year. If you are the sort that still sits on the seafront and writes postcards home to family and friends stay here for something to write home about.
I respect tripadvisor reviews for their impartiality and I write them regularly too.
I never bothered reading up on the Kings Head as it has been on my stay list long before computers.
Reading previous reviews, both good and bad, I think the balance of comments is about right.
This is a genuine Inn. You will be made welcome there and it is easy to fit in no matter who you are or where you are from.
The rooms are good, not great. The breakfast is excellent. Make sure you get a sea view and a slightly draughty sash window becomes endearing.
The Inn is very old like all of Deal seafront. We really like staying there.
Perfect it is not, but if people have happily got drunk, slept and eaten there for 500 years or so it must be doing something right.
I would whole-heartedly recommend the King's Head to people looking to socialise and meet locals and fellow guests. I would deter those seeking solitude, the pristine and the contrived.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank ArgyGrubLover
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We arrived at the King's Head in the pouring rain and were greeted warmly and shown to our room. The room had a fantastic view over the sea, a comfortable bed, tea and biscuits, and an en-suite shower room. I have found many B&Bs have weak, lukewarm showers, but this one was wonderful! After the freezing cold rainy day, it was just what I needed. The room itself was clean and neutrally decorated. The hotel is only a five-minute walk from Deal Railway Station, and close to Deal Castle, the High Street, the Time Ball Tower, museums, and other historic sites.

The breakfast was delicious and served promptly and with a smile. We also had lunch there one day and that was also great - classic pub food, served in generous portions.

The family who runs the King's Head are all friendly, welcoming, knowledgeable about the local area, and very much involved in the community. We were there over the Jubilee weekend and there were lots of events going on locally which they had a hand in organising - live music in the pub itself, a concert in the square outside, etc.

There were only two minor problems. The first (and this wasn't a problem for me personally, but could be for others) is that the pub is extremely popular and so it is very noisy, even in the rooms, until quite late. We could clearly hear the music playing from downstairs and there were loud crowds outside our window. However, if this is a problem for you, you can request to stay at the Channel View Guest House, which is run by the same family, and which is only three doors down the road, with the same sea views.

The second minor issue is that since the building is very old, the windows are not particularly well fitted and there was a bit of a cold draught in our room, and no way of turning up the heat. But that's just the price you pay for staying somewhere as historic as this. All in all, we had a lovely stay, with great views, a fantastic breakfast, friendly staff, a nice hot shower, chocolate chip cookies in the rooms, and a comfy bed. I will definitely stay here again if I come back to Deal!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank margaretlucy
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I really love this b&b, its in a perfect location, the staff are friendly, the food is lovely, the locals are friendly, and the rooms are lovely and clean.

Can not fault it at all, one of my favourite places and I will definitely be back soon :)

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends