“overpriced average & disappointed”

The Court Yard Oyster Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 113 Restaurants in Deal
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 14, 2010

We were recommended this restaurant as late choice. The food was nothing out of the ordinary we both ordered fish as a main course, we would have been better eating fish & chips from the paper. The frozen berries with hot choc sauce was overpriced..the berries obviously from the freezer section of Tesco and the sauce definately not hot. The venue looked far nicer than the food served

There are newer reviews for The Court Yard Oyster Bar and Restaurant

Reviewed August 25, 2010

Nice atmosphere, good service - best balance price/quality - special: happy champagner hours

Reviewed August 13, 2010

I went to The Courtyard with my partner last night and was left feeling very disappointed. There was no one to greet us when we arrived and waited several minutes in the bar until a waitress appeared. I ordered scallops for starters which were served with stir fry vegetables. The dish was completely over powered by raw red onion and huge lumps of ginger. However, the goats cheese tart that my partner had was tasty. I ordered steak for my main course which was £18.50. The waitress didn't know what sauce it came with, only that it was served with sauté potatoes and salad. She also failed to ask how I would like it cooked. I called her back in fear that I may end up with it well done. I asked how the steak is usually served to which she said she didn't know. Therefore I requested it to be medium-rare. When the mains arrived, the sauté potatoes turned out to be chips, the salad dressing was most definitely honey & mustard straight out of the supermarket and the steak just had a lump of the garlic butter that was served to us with a basket of bread with our drinks. The only saving grace was that the steak was medium-rare as I'd asked for. My partner's salmon was swimming in butter. Unsuprisingly We decided against dessert or coffee. There are a couple of good points about The Courtyard, unfortunately the food isn't one of them though and I consider myself very easy to please! The wine list is very reasonable and the Shiraz we chose was great at just over £17 a bottle. The restaurant itself is immaculate, modern and airey. However, overall I resent paying £70 for poor quality of food when I know I could do a lot better myself at home and I'm no Jamie Oliver!

Reviewed July 26, 2010

This restaurant's has got it absolutely right; wonderfully fresh, often local, ingredients, presented in good portions by food savvy staff; nothing costs over £17/main course or £8+/starter. Puds: £5+. Wines: respectable and good value e.g.: house brut champagne: £20 a bottle. Good 'trat'' style atmosphere. Excellent all round. Wish I could say more here.

Reviewed July 24, 2010

We arrive late on a Friday evening to Deal and, as we ate along the way, walked over to this restaurant for a drink and dessert. Dessert options were excellent.

We should have come back here the next night for dinner as its the other rated restaurant in Deal (the other one being Number 81) - we should have as Number 81 was disappointing.

We'll return to enjoy the dinner there as the menu looked excellent!!! As well, the bar looked lively.

1  Thank Sophi N