Dunkerley's Restaurant and Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Waterfront Hotel(Deal)(Great Value!)
$70
  • Breakfast included
The White Cliffs Hotel(St Margaret's at Cliffe)
$142
Ramada Dover(Whitfield)
$78
$64
Good 3.5/5
The Blue Pigeons(Worth)(Great Value!)
$172
$142
$79
PremierInn.com
Great 4.5/5
No availability for your dates from our partners
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsoystersdover solesea viewan amuse bouchepigeon breastserved on hot platessorbetsea frontblack puddingsuperb foodweekend staylamb shoulderbar menufull englishpleasant stayate herecooked to perfection
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Sitting at home in front of the tv last night and my partner called me to say that he was at Dunkerleys and did I want to join him for a last minute night away. I was bathed, packed and on the road within 15 minutes!! The roads were clear, so I made good time arriving. A beautifully lit christmas tree was twinkling on the front seating area and Dunkerleys was aglow with fairy lights and very tasteful decorations. The fire was ablaze in the bar and a glass of wine ready and waiting for me. Mr D welcomed me with warmth and affection. He gave me a key to the room we were staying in - how overjoyed was I when I turned the light on in room 3. Beautifully dressed windows overlooking the sea and pier with twinkling fairy lights just beneath the windows. A beautifully trimmed 4-poster bed and two oversized armchairs also greeted me. The bathroom presented me with a spa bath and overhead shower - what more could a girl ask for? I returned to the bar to enjoy the wonderful wine, company and atmosphere. Mark had already looked at the delights on the menu and ordered for us both. When our table was ready, we taken through the restaurant where we were seeting at window table - which gave us the opportunity to enjoy the magical views. Our meal was amazing - we were truly spoilt! Leak & Potato Soup, Oysters, Sorbet, Lobster Thermidore (my personal favourite) and Scallops for dessert (Mark's absolute favourite). We had the perfect wine to accompany the meal and the service was first class. We were not rushed and allowed to enjoy the delights placed before us at our own pace. We returned to the bar to finish our drinks. Please, please put this place on your list to visit - you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jane C
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

£70 for a double room with breakfast on a Saturday night. Warm clean room, shower misbehaved a bit but dont most! Nice breakfast and the teapot didn't leak all over the place. Will definitely book here again.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We had the great pleasure of spending a long weekend (along with 30 of our friends) at Dunkerley's Hotel in October 2013.
An absolute joy! The owner/proprietor, Ian, was a fantastic host and all his staff were so happy and welcoming and couldn't do enough for all of us, making our stay relaxing enjoyable and fun.
The restaurant was excellent, catering for 49 people on one night, yet equally enjoyable for an intimate dinner for four 2 nights later (A huge nod to all the serving/kitchen staff esp Sam!) Would highly recommend the seafood and my friends Wood pigeon was beautiful!
The rooms were lovely, clean and we had plenty of towels and supplies each day. A thoroughly great time had by all facilitated by the happy, helpful staff. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Room number 3 overlooking the sea has a Fourposter bed and a spabath, perfect for a romantic getaway too!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MATTHEW K
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I normally stay in broadstairs when we have a weekend away but as they were fully booked, i found Dunkerley's Hotel in deal.
On arrival and departure we were made to feel so welcome.

I booked the four poster bed room (room 3) and it was lovely and clean. Excellent sea views and all the facilities you needed.

We only stopped one night. So didnt have an evening meal. But the breakfast was all hot and freshly cooked and plenty of choice. Only slight downside. Restraunt could have done with a radio or soft music. Silence was a little awkward.

All in all we could have quite happily stayed there all week and would of had a comfortable lovely stay.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jamiejban
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Had a 1 night stay at Dunkerley's and enjoyed every minute. The room although not large, was newly refurbished and very clean. The bed and linen was of a high standard and the ensuite had a very good shower.
We took the room and dinner deal which was very good value. Especially as the restaurant produced fabulous food. Three courses worked out at £20 per person. Fillet stak was a £5 supplement - a real bargain!! We are looking in our diary to see when we can take time to go again.

• Stayed: November 2013