“Great selection of beer”
Review of Brews Cafe - CLOSED

Brews Cafe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
“Great selection of beer”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Enjoyed two nights in Granville, Ohio at Brews Café. Located in the heart of Granville, Ohio, a liberal arts college town, I was really surprised to see that they carried two Colorado beers. The service was great and we were seated immediately upon arrival. The menu was not super extensive but did provide lots of choices for pub fare. On the first night, I had a blackened blue cheese burger cooked to perfection with their kettle fries and a Breckenridge Vanilla Porter which was the highlight of the meal. On another night, I had the margarita pizza with fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil on top. With two levels of seating, the brew café tailors to the family or to the bar crowd. Definitely worth a stop for a variety of palates and beer enthusiasts!

1 Thank Amy B

Columbus, Ohio
“Go Somewhere Else”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

This restaurant has the worst service I have ever experienced. The waitress came to take our orders then to deliver the check. She never checked in on us, asked how our food tasted, or came for drink refills.

I ordered the salmon salad. It tasted alright, but I needed more dressing. I tried to flag down the waitress (the waitress with long grey hair down to her behind) multiple times. She said she would return but never did.

Also, it was very cold in the restaurant. We were seated in a booth by the bar. There were no windows, but cold air was coming in somewhere. I looked around and all of the ladies sitting near me were wearing their coats.

As we were leaving, I wanted to tell the manager about this poor experience, but I couldn't find anyone who worked there. It was so strange..no waitresses, bartenders, or even host was to be found. I thought heck with it, I'm getting out of here because they probably don't care anyway. Take your money somewhere else.

• Visited November 2013
Columbus, Ohio
“Creative Menu Items but Lacking”
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

I stopped in Brews today for a meal. I must admit, some of the menu selections were very interesting. They had a mashed potato stuffed burger and a chicken sandwich made with waffles as the bread. I loved the chicken and waffle concept but the flavors fell flat for me. It was a new menu item so maybe they didn't quite work it out yet. I am thinking I just made an error in ordering because my guy's burger was awesome. I did appreciate that they had a decent size beer list. I am not opposed to returning but my thinking is that I should keep it simple next time. Burgers are the way to go. Service was good and it was a great place to check on March Madness games.

Chicago, Illinois
“Big beer selection.”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Took my son to see Dennison and this little gem was a great find. Good bar food and a huge selection of beers. Not to many places to eat in Granville and this was a good one. Try the burgers for sure.

• Visited August 2013
Heath, Ohio
“Really great place!”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I loved the pub chips! They were amazing. The wedge salad's dressing was a little dull though. They had a great atmosphere! And also a huge selection and variety of food and beer! You should definitely give this a try!