Historic Buxton Inn
Small Batch Lodging(Granville)(Great Value!)
$150
The Granville Inn(Granville)(Great Value!)
$149
Courtyard Newark Granville(Newark)
$121
$104
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $115/night.

$107
Hampton.com
$72
$68
$88
ComfortInn
$65
$59
All reviewsmain buildingbasement tavernrecent renovationsantique furnituredowntown granvillecoffee makerfirst floorhauntedporschecolumbusclerksinkdenison
Reviewed August 2, 2016

Noisy, small room with short bed. I am average height and did not fit in the bed. AC does not work well either. And, don't complain - they will blame you! I had planned an early time up, but if you can't sleep, it ruins your plans. I was angry to have to leave and see my trip ruined, so it was my fault when they tried to stop my from leaving and my fault when I asked for a refund. Oh, and there are no phones in the room.

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled solo
11  Thank John A
Jennifer V, General Manager at Historic Buxton Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2017

John, I am very sorry to see you left our inn dissatisfied. It's surprising that one of my team members would blame you for anything, but I understand where you're coming from. If you'd like to discuss this situation offline, please call us.

All the best,
Jennifer V., General Manager

Reviewed July 29, 2016

I made a reservation online and 10 days later I got a phone call from reservations telling me they made a mistake and sold me a room they didn't have. They offered to call the hotel chain up the road for me. No thanks, not into Hotel 8. I had already made plans for activities in that area that weekend and was left without a place to stay.
They sent an email confirming cancellation and I replied that they are a joke. The GM called and tried to tell me how well the situation was handled and how satisfied I should be. She was argumentative and defensive. It may have worked out well for them but not for me and my family.
There is a much nicer Inn across the street called Granville Inn. Try that one.

Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family
14  Thank Charley G
Jennifer V, Manager at Historic Buxton Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2016

Charles -
While we respect that you would be upset by the error made with your reservation we do believe it is important that the record be made straight. Yes you made a reservation on a weekend where a room block had been in place since the summer of 2015. Due to a glitch in our hotel management system you were able to make an online reservation for a room that had already been booked. We have worked through this situation with our provider and feel confident that this wont happen again. When we called you to see how we could work through this with you it was offered that we call around to all the area inn's and hotels to see what was available and present you with the options. You responded that you didn't want us to do that for you as you were considering not even coming into town and this just helped you to make your decision. Then we received your emails and called to see if we missed something in our previous conversation. Unfortunately, we were not able to convey to you that we wanted to find you suitable and comparable lodging before you ended the conversation. We hope you were able to find yourself lodging for your anticipated weekend.

Reviewed July 19, 2016 via mobile

Located in the charming village of Granville, Ohio. The inn has been under new ownership and has been renovated. The restaurant was disappointing. Nothing truly innovated on the menu and prices were high. Service was slow and server not knowledgeable regarding beer options and prices.

Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple
2  Thank H B
Reviewed July 18, 2016

This is an interesting place to visit. I stayed with a group of friends on a ghost tour so I was able to see three guestrooms, one was a little cottage. We had a ton of fun, a great dinner and the staff were very accommodating.

Stayed: October 2015
Reviewed July 14, 2016

My wife and I chose the Buxton Inn over the very busy restaurant across the street, and are we glad we did. We arrived on a Friday at 6:30pm and were one of the first to be seated. We started with a glass of wine, I got the Merlot and my wife ordered the Riesling. For dinner I ordered the Lemon Dill Grouper and my wife got the Faroe Salmon Florentine. The wine and food was wonderful, and a lovely couple seated next to us provided some wonderful conversation. The Buxton Inn is beautiful inside, the service was extraordinary, and we will return here!

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LordThomMohr
Jennifer V, General Manager at Historic Buxton Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2017

I'm so happy you loved our inn restaurant for dinner! Thank you for stopping in for wine, grouper, and salmon, and I'm glad you had a lovely conversation with our fellow guests. I hope to see you in again very soon.

All the best,