All reviews breakfast was delicious the main house local bacon carriage house lee room steamed egg visit family and friends modern art rehearsal dinner house is beautiful comfortable place to stay next morning wedding weekend evening wine and cheese our room was spacious a king size bed romantic getaway
Selected filters
Reviewed January 25, 2018

This B&B truly exhibits it's mantra of "cosmopolitan country." It's located about 4 miles outside of downtown Granville, so it has easy access to Granville while being in a country,quiet area. Once inside the B&B, it's decorated with bright colors and modern art. I was greeted by Dean the innkeeper who is pleasant and personable. He gave me a tour and showed me my room. I stayed in the John Daily. The bathroom is just across the hallway. The soap, shampoo, and conditioner are naturally made by a local seller, and the products smell wonderful! Dean coordinated with me on breakfast timing. Each breakfast was similar, but always slightly different from the day before. All ingredients were fresh and local which is really nice to know. Staying at the Orchard House made my work trip feel less like work and more like home! I will be returning on future work trips!

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2017 via mobile

We stayed at Orchard House B&B last night after biking TJ Evans trail. What a great place! Wine and cheese was a really nice touch. Breakfast was delicious! Highly recommend if in the area. Dean was a great host.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 26, 2017

We highly recommend the Orchard House Bed & Breakfast to anyone traveling to the Granville/Columbus area. It's location is an easy, traffic free and short drive to Columbus. Yet it is far enough from the city to enjoy the peacefulness of the countryside. Innkeeper Dean is a welcoming and friendly host who put us at ease the moment we entered the front door. He served wine & cheese on our late afternoon arrival and gave us a tour of the wonderful home before showing us to our room. The Job Paige suite is very spacious and has its own bathroom, a second floor deck and offers lovely views of the surrounding farm. He shelters rescue animals on the farm such as goats and sheep which is quite commendable. Breakfast prepared by Dean consisted of fresh eggs from the farm. All other ingredients or toppings for french toast, sausage patties or bacon, etc. are either home grown or local as well. It was all the more delicious because Dean is an excellent cook! We were impressed with all of the antiques in this historic home built in 1850 yet with all the modern conveniences anyone would expect. All of the rooms are bright, clean and beautifully decorated. We hope to return someday and we would definitely choose the Orchard House over any of the hotel chains.

Room tip: All second floor rooms are peaceful and relaxing with nice views of the farm and surrounding green spaces.
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2017

We were so lucky to book a three day stay at Orchard House B & B. We so enjoyed our time there and visiting with innkeeper, Dean. I had been driving by this house for 50 years and now I can say that I actually got to stay there. Our room was more than comfortable with a very large attached bathroom/closet/changing area. Being close to Granville and Newark with a 30 minute drive to Columbus was a real plus. We will always remember watching the 2017 solar eclipse with Dean and his daughter while lounging in one of the many outside seating areas. We made a day of it with our carry-out lunch, coffee, tea, good reading material, a solar eclipse and great company. Our Friday flight had been cancelled by Southwest due to computer problems and Dean was nice enough to let us flip our reservation to include Monday instead because our room was free. It's this type of personalized service that will keep me looking for B & B's and not hotel rooms. I had had a bad experience dealing with The Granville Inn so Orchard House was a real delight.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2017

We stayed this weekend to celebrate the end of summer and the start of the new semester. Glamping was pretty interesting, the tent and surrounding area were lovely, bed was comfy and it was nice to have access to the shower and electricity. Although you have access to a half bath in the main house, the house is a fair walk in the dark, which may be limiting to some but was just fine for us.

Dean was super awesome, we enjoyed the area a lot and overall had a great time. I think we'll stay inside next time, no matter how glamorous, I think camping may just involve too many spiders for my taste ;)

Date of stay: August 2017