$174
Small Batch Lodging(Granville)(Great Value!)
$150
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $169/night.

TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfarm animalsbreakfast was deliciousfarm experienceattached bathroomcarriage houselee roomb bswhile visiting friendsworking farmmodern arthouse is beautifulfresh eggs from the farmget away from it allnext morningcomfortable place to staycountry settingevening wine and cheese
Reviewed July 8, 2012

My husband and I were searching for a peaceful getaway to celebrate our anniversary so after eliminating the thought of big city bustle we decided on a bed and breakfast within a half days drive from home. We found Orchard House after searching Living Social Getaways and made our decision based on the excellent reviews across the board on various travel sites. The grounds were beautiful. The house sits back off the main road and is surrounded with mature trees. There is a courtyard garden full of beautiful flowers to the rear of the main house which is the guest house. The hosts reside in the carriage house behind the main. The back grounds house the barns and wonderful Llamas, Alpacas, Sheep, Goats, Chickens, and Pigs. Occasionally the hosts adorable dogs will be out there too. When we arrived Don greeted us and gave us a tour. We felt right at home immediately. The house was a delight and a mixture of antiques, eclectic decor and modern amenities all beautifully co-mingled. It was also perfectly immaculate with not a speck of dust in sight. There are home made cookies and tea, coffee, or soft drinks available. They also offer a wine and cheese hour daily which we truly enjoyed. The morning breakfasts were delicious. On the first morning we had blueberry pancakes and there were more blueberries than pancake! Day 2 was angel food cake french toast. Amazing creation! This bed and breakfast was certainly a rare find and we are going to make it our annual anniversary trip. Thank you Andrew and Don for being such gracious hosts!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Whitman room. It was very spacious. It is more like a suite with an entrance hallway, bath to the right, room to the left with a separate seating/reading area, and further to the right a door giving access to an outdoor seating area overlooking the gardens. The bedroom windows face west for sunset viewing. The king bed was amazingly comfortable with lots of pillows, soft sheets and a cozy duvet. Also it was very quiet and we heard no noise from other guests rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We were two couples in town for a family reunion, and did not was to stay in a motel. My brother-in-law went on line and picked the Orchard House. We were so busy every day we were there that we did not get to explore the grounds and animals. The house is beautifully decorated and the hosts are very accomodating. The 3 breakfasts were to die for. We also got to taste the Carrot Cake Jam which was "Best in Show" at the Ohio State Fair, Woot. I would stay there again in a heart beat. I loved that even though it is quaint and has many antiques, they were also wired and had a great TV room. Next time I hope to explore the farm.

Room Tip: If you prefer to use the shower with out walking down a public hall way, I would suggest the Barbizon or the Whitman. The Walden is a smaller room with a private bath but it is located in the hall just before the Whitman, so you might bump into your neighbors coming from, just sayin...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We've stayed her 2x and the 2nd time rented the whole place for our extended family. We LOVE it here! Played hide and seek, drank coffee and had snacks, relaxed in the hammock, fed the animals, played games, sat on the screened in porch. So peaceful and lovely.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 7, 2012

My daughter and I were visiting Denison College and opted for a non-chain hotel option. The Orchard House was great! We particularly enjoyed the lovely grounds, the menagerie of animals, the gracious "happy hour" of wine and snacks and the spacious and comfortable bedroom. It was a lovely stay. My only (very tiny) suggestion would be to put clearer directions by the coffeepot -- I worked at it for 15 minutes and finally called my 17-year old for help first thing in the morning. Besides this, perfect!

Room Tip: We loved our second floor room!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
GoOrchardHouse, Owner at Orchard House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful review! I'm sorry our coffee maker was perplexing! We will provide clearer directions in the future. Hope to see you again!

Reviewed May 28, 2012

My husband and I went here last fall for a romantic getaway and we had the best time! The property is lovely and the farm animals are a great addition. The wine/cheese hour was exceptional and the breakfast in the morning was absolutely delicious. Don and Andrew are wonderful hosts- available, but not too imposing. The house is wonderfully decorated- eclectic, unique and nothing fussy- unlike many B&B's I've been too.We took home some of their Carrot Cake Jam- it did not last long! All in all, I would highly recommend the Orchard House.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple