Clouse Lane Bed and Breakfast(Granville)(Great Value!)
$143
$118
Doubletree.com
$123
$115
All reviewsfarm animalsbreakfast was deliciousfarm experienceattached bathroomcarriage houselee roomb bswhile visiting friendsworking farmmodern arthouse is beautifulfresh eggs from the farmget away from it allnext morningcomfortable place to staycountry settingevening wine and cheese
Reviewed November 30, 2011

My wife and I just finished an excellent stay (4 nights) at Don & Andrew's Orchard House B&B in Granville, OH. We prefer selecting B&B's to stay at for most of our domestic travel, and were suprised to find what seemed like a cool option near my wife's hometown of Newark. We are SO GLAD we booked at the Orchard House!

The rooms (all upstairs) at the farmhouse style home were larger than most we've seen ... we chose the Barbizon, and it was the "just right" sized option of the 3 choices. The bed & bedding were GREAT, big windows throughout, closet space for miles, and the bathroom was plenty large enough (although the standard size shower would be a bit tight if you're traveling with a taller person). As the house is original and quite old, we could hear folks coming in the front doorway at night from our room (above) one night, but each of the rooms are well spaced and separate from each other so there wasn't any room-to-room noise.

The house has original wood flooring throughout, with throw rugs -- and let me tell you -- the eclectic assembly of artwork and floral arrangements had us wandering about for an hour! The common areas really stood out compared with other B&Bs we've seen ... two living rooms with TV/Roku/Wii/etc. and a bar area full of complementary teas, coffees, sodas, water and baked goods. I'm sure Don & Andrew were disappointed to come back each morning to find that I'd devoured pretty much every cookie or cake they came up with! :) It made it hard to stick to a diet, that's for sure!

Andrew was the breakfast captain, and each day was something different ... french toast (my fave), pear Pfannekuchen, breakfast burritos, choc-chip pancakes ... fresh fruit, coffee, juice ... that's what you're looking at for breakfast each day. Very well done, and made to-order when you want it (which is a nice touch). Both of the guys are up for wine and cheese each evening, which we were only able to take advantage of once due to our holiday family schedule, but it was cool hanging with them. FYI - I highly recommend pairing the carrot-cake jam with the brie.

Before the cold rains kicked in, I went out and visited the animals out back ... highlight for me was Bacon the big pig, and Roosevelt the alpaca who had the coolest buck-tooth grin!

All in all, a great stay and we have already booked a stay for the next family holiday trip!

Room Tip: Walden = smallest + detached bath Barbizon = midsize + bath (our room this time) Whitman = largest (suite-esque) + bath (our room next time)
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Anthony H
Reviewed November 30, 2011

A lovely place to stay. I would recommend it to everyone.

Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2011

We had a great experience at Orchard House. Rented the whole house with the family....felt very much at home and at ease. The food was OUTSTANDING! We all enjoyed the "day on the farm". Would definately stay again....

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 10, 2011

My fiance and I had the BEST time at The Orchard House. The house was spotless, the baked goodies were delicious and wine and cheese hour was so much fun with Don and the other guests. We enjoyed seeing all of the animals even if it was a little chilly during our stay. We loved our room, the Walden Room, and breakfast was sooo good. We're still talking about the bacon they served! We will definitely be back! The prices of the rooms are also super affordable!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2011

My husband and I had never stayed at a B&B before, so I can't compare Orchard House with others, but I can say that we walked in the door and felt completely "at home". This charming home is spacious and beautifully decorated in a most appealing manner. There are lots of areas to relax, and the Wi-Fi worked great for us everywhere we wandered. We had a wonderful suite, very comfortable, including a king sized bed with luxurious linens, and a nicely updated bath. There was also a sitting area, and a balcony to relax on. The attention to detail was especially impressive to us. We were served wine and snacks in the early evening, and the breakfast was delicious! We had several events to attend in Granville while we were there, so we were not able to explore the grounds as much as we would have liked to. It is likely that we will have future events to attend in Granville, and we will definately return to the Orchard House, and have plans to invite other family members to join us there.

Room Tip: I believe our room was the Whitman Room, which was a lovely suite.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family