“Wonderful place to stay!”

Orchard House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 5 Granville B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 14, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Orchard House for a cousin's wedding taking place in Granville. Our experience at Orchard House was fantastic and I would recommend staying at this B&B to anyone looking for a relaxing getaway. The breakfasts were delicious (biscuits with sausage gravy and homemade corn pancakes the next morning) and our room was beautiful and HUGE (we stayed in The Whitman).

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank abby r
There are newer reviews for Orchard House Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed July 30, 2011

I mean that in the absolute best of ways. Orchard House is a wonderful retreat from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. The rooms were charming, clean, and tastefully decorated. I tend to avoid B&B stays because I find that most have overwhelming Victorian décor…much too busy for my tastes, and Orchard House was just what the décor doctor ordered. I chose the Whitman room for my stay, which I found to be incredibly comfortable. The bed wrapped it’s arms around me like a cloud. The linens were soft yet crisp. The bathroom was Immaculately clean and modern, complete with Gilchrist and Soames products.
Interesting conversation was at the top of the order during wine and cheese hour with the wonderful proprietors, Don and Andrew. And talk about a fabulous breakfast? Try hot corn cakes served with hot pure maple syrup, perfectly done brown sugar bacon, a heaping bowl of fresh strawberries, cold fresh orange juice and hot coffee. The food is heavy on natural local products and the quality shows. Andrew also makes some killer jams in his kitchen, and I managed to take away a jar of what is sure to be a blue ribbon winner at the Ohio State Fair this year…Carrot Cake Jam. My elderly mother has managed to down the whole jar…she thinks it is just this side of heaven!
My only regret was that I had to check out early when a possible appointment in Columbus became a reality and I had to quickly pack and be on my way. You can be assured that I will be visiting Don and Andrew at Orchard House again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank plexerei
Reviewed July 6, 2011

We come to Ohio every July to visit family and friends and this was the first time we stayed at the Orchard House. We found it to be the BEST B&B in Granville and certainly at the top of our list of all B&Bs. The 1850s farm house was beautifully restored and decorated, the bedrooms were large and comfortable (we stayed in the Barbizon Room), and the hosts (Don and Andrew) were extremely gracious and accomodating. The Breakfast was home made and a full breakfast and every evening they hosted a wine and cheese party where you can meet their other guests as well as neighbors. It was a great experience and we will definitely stay here during our next visit.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Robert S
Reviewed July 4, 2011

The innkeepers' careful attention to detail is evident everywhere you look. The rooms are beautiful and we loved the comfort of the bed, bedding and pillows, the toiletries chosen and especially that everything is spotless. Beverages and baked goods are available should you need a snack, a bedside internet viewer is provided along with bottled water and even treats for our dog. We look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank GiddyupBorzoi
Reviewed June 19, 2011

My friend and I stayed at the Orchard House for one night en route through Ohio.
Once we arrived and had such a wonderful time, we wished we didn't have to leave.
Andrew greeted us coming straight out of working in the garden, which is lovely. The Orchard House Bed and Breakfast (main house) has three lovely bedrooms, living room, dining, sitting room, gaming room, screened in porch and more. Yes, we had use of the entire House! The proprietors, Andrew and Don, live in the carriage house directly behind the B & B. I loved my room, the Walden, which had an unattached bathroom. The decor was so calm and soothing. My friend had the Barbizon (larger) with an adjoining bathroom.
What really makes this B&B is the setting... a small animal farm....llamas, alpacas, ducks, goats, sheep, a pot belly pig, cute rabbits, and three spunky dogs.
You can walk around on the grounds and through mowed trails, and visit with and pet the animals (yes Andrew was out there feeding them). There are nicely placed seating areas to sit back and relax, watch the animal antics, or just get away from it all!
The breakfast was delicious, wine and cheese hour available to partake in, and even freshly baked chocolate chip cookies with assortment of coffee, teas, and more.
And for the cost conscious, it was less than others we checked. Just loved it!!!

Room Tip: All rooms can accomodate couples.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank DGMAC
Reviewed June 6, 2011

Our group stayed in both rooms of this beautiful house, located in an area of eastern Ohio that is rich with history and gorgeous rural scenery. The owners were warm, helpful and flexible. As we were late returning home each evening, we were not around for their casual wine tastings; however, breakfast both mornings was country fresh and delicious. The accommodations were both comfortable and interesting. Orchard House is furnished with a delightful mix of antique pieces and contemporary touches, including much interesting artwork throughout the house.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 29, 2011

My mom and I visited the Orchard House and couldn't have been happier with our visit. We had Cherry, my Border Collie, along for the visit and Andrew made all of us feel very welcome.

We checked in early as we had a red-eye flight from Los Angeles and were tired and wanted to rest when we arrived. The room was very large with a large attached bathroom. The room was furnished nicely and very comfortable. Downstairs there is a nice flat screen TV and sitting area where we met the other guest in the house who also had a dog.

The grounds are beautiful with lots of farm animals (Llamas, Sheep, Goats, Ducks and Chickens) and plenty of space to walk around and explore.

We enjoyed Andrew's breakfasts and my mom really liked the afternoon cookies and lemon bars :-)

I will definitely plan on visiting again the next time I'm in Columbus.

• Stayed: April 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Granville
The Granville Inn
#3 of 3 in Newark
Courtyard Newark Granville
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newark Ohio
Hampton Inn Heath-Newark

Been to Orchard House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!