All reviewsfarm animalsbreakfast was deliciousfarm experienceattached bathroomcarriage houselee roomwhile visiting friendsworking farmmodern arthouse is beautifulnext morningcomfortable place to staycountry settingevening wine and cheeseour room was spaciousromantic getawaytwo night stay
Reviewed May 29, 2011

My mom and I visited the Orchard House and couldn't have been happier with our visit. We had Cherry, my Border Collie, along for the visit and Andrew made all of us feel very welcome.

We checked in early as we had a red-eye flight from Los Angeles and were tired and wanted to rest when we arrived. The room was very large with a large attached bathroom. The room was furnished nicely and very comfortable. Downstairs there is a nice flat screen TV and sitting area where we met the other guest in the house who also had a dog.

The grounds are beautiful with lots of farm animals (Llamas, Sheep, Goats, Ducks and Chickens) and plenty of space to walk around and explore.

We enjoyed Andrew's breakfasts and my mom really liked the afternoon cookies and lemon bars :-)

I will definitely plan on visiting again the next time I'm in Columbus.

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed April 8, 2011

My husband was in Newark for business. As bed and breakfast enthusiasts we chose this bed and breakfast over a hotel. On short notice they were able to accommodate us and our younger daughter for a great price. The room and bathroom were spacious, clean, decorated tastefully with both modern and old world charm. Andrew, one of the owners, was friendly and attentive. He made a delicious breakfast and was able to whip up a yummy gluten-free breakfast for me. The farm was a delight and the 12 acres was pleasant to look at and just right for peaceful walks. We have never met friendlier animals. Our daughter completely loved it, especially the baby chicks. She did not want to leave. A great and comfortable stay. We plan to return soon and bring along some more family so they can enjoy the Orchard House as well.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 2, 2011

This is definitely not your traditional hotel. It is so much more. This renovated old farmhouse has so much character. Don & Andrew, the owners, have really done a great job with the renovation. The rooms are clean and the bathrooms are updated and modern, yet the entire place has maintained the vintage feel and integrity of the old farmhouse. The proximity to Denison makes it a great place for visitors to campus. The uniqueness of the farm animals really adds a touch that makes the stay extra special. Yes, I did go out and pet Waterloo, the baby lamb who was only a couple of days old at the time. I couldn't pass up holding a little duckling. Homemade breakfast and baked goods round out the experience. Great visit. I'll be back.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 29, 2011

My wife and I stayed 3 nights for a nearby wedding and could not have asked for more. They've got all the big things sorted – beautiful rooms, amazing home-cooked breakfasts, beautiful common rooms, all the usual amenities in high quality – but what makes this place particularly special is their attention to small details: like complimentary home-cooked pastries, quality coffees and teas available at all times; a superb and original decorative/artistic sense; wine and cheese hour with the hosts in the afternoon; Netflix and Pandora on demand; making and then turning down the bed morning and eve; including taxes etc. in the room price; and much more… And the setting is also special, with animals around but by no means invading or causing allergic reactions for my typically quite sensitive wife. Enjoy a hearty breakfast and take a walk through the fields out back before going about your business in Columbus or quaint Granville. A pleasure all around!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2011

I stayed here with my wife, in the Walden Room. The bedroom was nicely decorated and cozy, with plenty of space and lots of light. The sheets were decadent, and there was a small (alarm-clock-sized) web-connected terminal next to the bed - a nice touch that served as a clock but you could also watch Netflix on it. Orchard House was just opening at the time, so some of the other rooms were works-in-progress, but it is clear the Andrew has a decorator's eye and will outfit them beautiful furniture and unique antiques.

The breakfast was delicious (we had waffles and fruit one morning and a savory souffle the next), and correctly-sized (i.e. not so large that we couldn't enjoy Jeni's ice cream by lunchtime). Being a new place, I'm sure Andrew will be working through new recipes for a while, and ironing out kinks, but there were no kinks while we were there.

We enjoyed walking around the farm and seeing all of the animals. The typical measures of a B&B - the room & food - were spot-on, but the farm aspect of Orchard House is what really makes it distinctive. Two new sheep had just arrived the day we showed up, and we spent part of the afternoon watching them chase the llamas around. Add in all the other animals (chickens, dogs, rabbits, etc) and we couldn't believe Andrew has the time to run the B&B while taking care of all of them. We don't have any kinds, but I'm sure children would love the animals - it's a veritable petting zoo.

We appreciated the distance from Columbus - it was far enough that we felt like we had escaped from the city, but was close enough that we were able to go out on High Street for dinner and drinks. Granville and Davidson are three miles down the road in the opposite direction, and I can imagine that Orchard House will soon be the top choice for Davidson parents.

Overall, Orchard House is a great place to stay right now and I imagine it will only get better with time. We'll try to stay here whenever we are in the area.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple