“fussy good food”

“fussy good food”
Reviewed September 24, 2010

nice food
good but patchy service
only one serving a night

London
“Gorgeous food - great value for money and worthy of its Michelin star!”
Reviewed July 17, 2010

My fiance and I ate here for my birthday at the beginning of July. The meal was delicious! I had the crab to start and it was one of the tastiest starters I have ever had!
My fiance had the risotto which I tried too and it was also delicious! The main meals were again, very impressive and the chocolate dessert was the climax of the whole meal. I would highly recommend a visit here. The staff are friendly, attentive and efficient. Huge compliments to the chef - this restaurant is a gold nugget in the heart of Kent!

1 Thank blondchick25
Marrakech
“For the price one of the best”
Reviewed February 10, 2010

Discovered Apicius on our last visit to Kent from Yorkshire. Excellent food and extremely good value for a michelin star. The staff very attentive and made for an enjoyable experience.
Will definely be back on our next trip to Kent.

1 Thank MarrakechMimi
Hastings, East Sussex
“Great food!”
Reviewed January 5, 2010

My wife and I visited Apcius for the first time in November last year, I can only say that the food was excellent, particularly the mains and starters. To be fair desserts are not te strongest, often I find that restaurants that are really strong in the "pud" department usually lack on the main courses and starters. The "Petit fours" were a little "lacklustre", (a particular jelly cube thing really lacked any flavour at all).

Prices were very reasonable for the standard. Front of house was friendly/chatty, reading some other reviews here some people have taken exception to this, but in my view it is a small local reastaurant, albeit with a michelin star and if you want a more formal approach to service there are other places that do this better, personally I am happy as long as the food is good!

Roland

2 Thank Roland_Clarke
Bexhill/Sussex
“Simply the best .”
Reviewed November 6, 2009

We have just returned from the Apicius and had an unbelievedly good meal. It was our first visit and we will certainly return. In my opinion the food was just as good if not better than some bigname London restaurants and they have kept their prices at a sensible level. They richly deserve their Michelin Star for their excellent innovative cuisine, and service. Do find room for the petits fours.

2 Thank SCBexhill