“Excellent holiday treat”

Cuisines: European, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Would highlyh recommend this restaurant which we visited last week, whilst on holiday in Kent. We thought it was very unpretentious in spite of Michelin star rating, which we thought a plus. The food and service were exellent. We did not feel rushed and the staff were friendly and helpful. Would certainly go back if in this area again and recommend to friends.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

One of the best meals I have had in a long time they made us feel very welcome food brilliant no one rushed us -- 3 hour lunch one should make the effort to have a meal here.

2  Thank Richard T
Reviewed March 22, 2013

My second trip to Apicius and I should really make the effort to come here more often.
The food is always outstanding and the fixed-price menu's for both lunch and dinner really do make this good vaue.
The menu choices always leave me with a dilema on what to order and I settled for the wood pigeon to start, rather than the wild mushroom and toasted brioche (there are other choices but i really fancied both of these). As the mushroom starter was presented to one of my party I felt i'd made the wrong decision, however the pigeon was wonderful.
Mains of roasted quail and monkfish were also well received and tasted beautiful.
Desserts were also "historic" and the date sponge was a real hit.
Cant wait to return and hope that the mushroom is still available!

2  Thank 2pluskids
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We had Sunday lunch at Apicius for a birthday celebration. We had tried to get a table on the Saturday evening but they were fully booked. The food was absolutely outstanding and really beautifully presented. Front of house is second to none and we will be returning!

1  Thank Anna P
Reviewed March 12, 2013

My husband and I had dinner at Apicus and it was wonderful. Friendly and personal service, no awful background music, no large parties allowed and altogether a lovely atmosphere. The food was excellent and there is nothing to dislike (as a previous reviewer has said).

1  Thank ninalacey