“Up and down”

The White Horse
Ranked #14 of 19 Restaurants in Cranbrook
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I live in the area and often enjoy a sandwich and a pint at lunch time. It is usualy good to acceptable but lately has fallen in to the sticky table poor service sort of place i try to avoid with the staff not seaming to want to serve customers. I took the family for lunch and i could have bounced the chicken i had off the table. When i mention it i was told airaly there was a new chef then the sever walked off???? leaving us wanting drinks and deserts to the point we did not order any and left. I would understand it if it were heaving but there were 3 tables dinning and 4 people at the bar

Reviewed August 23, 2013

I used to love the White Horse when back to Cranbrook to stay with family now the place is a joke. The mangers are rude and Unprofessional you would think when the so need customers they may treat the ones who are in there well but you would be mistaken!!!! Last time I went in order a gin and tonic I was served the drink with no ice nor lemon in a warm glass straight out of the glass washer. As for the food Disgusting

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I went to The White Horse with friends for lunch today, what a mistake. Table and menus were sticky, my friend went to the bathroom and said it was horrible. We wanted sandwiches and chips for 9 of us, it took 45 minutes to arrive at our table. The bacon in the BLT was burnt, the 'bread' was the cheapest processed bread they could obviously find. Some of the chips on our plates were cold and some were hot. How can you have cold and hot chips on the same plate I don't know. My friend found a hair in her sandwich, blonde not brown so definitely NOT hers. I would NEVER go here again, it's been the worst experience for lunch ever. We told them we would not pay and walked out vowing never to return. The best thing they could do with the White Horse is to close it down.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Sadly Canbrook is lacking a nice country family pub, as over the years all the pubs have closed down (a few years ago there was 5). Now it is only this one and The George, that really is hotel with a couple of bars. The White Horse has changed hands, and landlords on a regular basis including about a year ago, a punk landlord. The food is better now, but the place is still full of heavy smokers outside, who swear and are rough. In the past there been fighting, and be aware it still feels that may kick off at any time.

1  Thank myscimitar
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I heard wonderful things about The white horse and decided to arrange a family meal. The service and the way we were treated by the young blonde woman was exceptional. We vowed we would come back again.
To my disappointment I understood that the young lady had left the premises and had been been bad mouthed to my family members by staff behind the bar.
We proceeded to eat our meal and it was shocking and stone cold. When complained to the young lady behind the bar she looked at me up and down and just said sorry. We were outraged, she never came to our table but just ignored us and spoke to friends. We will never go back to this establishment. It's very interesting that one person can make such a difference to a stay there.

1  Thank plainelaine