“Good lunch”

Ranked #5 of 19 Restaurants in Cranbrook
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We popped in here for lunch whilst visiting Bentley's Auction rooms, it's only a five minute walk away. The sausage sandwiches were great, lovely bread and tasty sausages served by friendly staff in a warm and pleasant environment.

2  Thank Susanne B

Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

Very enjoyable tea rooms, lovely food service with a smile can't fault it at all. Will defiantly be returning very happy customer.

2  Thank Paigewitham
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We have been to this tearooms many times during the summer months over the years but went yesterday when shopping in town. As always the food was excellent, service quick and pleasant. We have never experienced anything other than excellent food in this tearoom and can't understand one of the newer postings. We would recommend this to anyone.

2  Thank sparky49Kent
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I went to this tearoom only because the the quaint old tearoom that had been in Cranbrook had closed down,and I was hungry.How I wish I hadn't ! I ordered a toasted cheese and tomato sandwich ,and whilst waiting for my order I overheard a couple sitting next to me complain that there jacket potatoes had marg on,not butter.It didn't bode well for me I'm afraid.When My sandwich came initially It looked nice,and brown,and It came with a homemade coleslaw,which was quite good,however when I ate it ,something didn't seem right,It took a few bites to realise that It didn't taste of anything.I felt I was eating a sandwich made of fat! When I payed I asked the lady what the cheese was,and she asked the 'chef' (who was sitting at a table reading his paper) and he said It was cheddar.So I told her that the sandwich was tasteless,and she informed me It was a strong cheese.Well I know when I'm eating real cheese,and when I'm eating cheap,processed cheese,and that was most deffinately the latter ! needless to say I will not be eating there again,And I don't think the other couple will be either!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Not being in the middle of the town you could easily overlook this small tearoom but do search it out, it is worth it. Clean, crisp decor, helpful and attentive staff. Good range of items on lunch menu. Soups and salads were very fresh, good flavour and excellent portions for the price. Only gripe would be that it seemed very popular with young mums with crying or whining toddlers but I don't suppose the owners can do much about that.

1  Thank NormanLewis