Amadis Bed and Breakfast
Pilgrims Hotel(Canterbury)
ABode Canterbury(Canterbury)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 26, 2012

we booked this b&b for an overnight stay while visiting university. The owners are very friendly and helpful and the rooms well decorated. We stayed in the twin room, which may not be the best room as was under the eaves and thus quite small, we banged our heads several times when getting off the beds. The room was very clean and nicely decorated with comfy beds, but there was no real wardrobe space, the only hanging space was under the eaves and thus was only about 3 feet tall, fine for an overnight stay as we didn't unpack our bags but maybe not for a longer stay.
Breakfast was well cooked and very tasty
as stated on other reviews it was very hard to find in the dark even with a satnav- we drove past it 4 times before we eventually spied the sign- maybe a light outside or visible house number would be a good idea

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I have to agree with the other reviewer that I think Alex F's review is unfair. I really cannot understand the comments about the twin room. I have stayed here, in the aforementioned twin room a few times, both by myself and once with a relative and found it very cosy. Dot and Geoff who run the B&B couldn't do more for you, and the place is clean and cosy. I also think Blean village is a lovely little place with beautiful country walks nearby and a beautiful church. The b&b is on a main road but I find it very quiet - much quieter than where I live which is on a side street so I can't understand the complaint about noise. There might be a little traffic noise during the day but at night, hardly any. It seems to me as if Alex F and friend must have got out of bed the wrong side during their stay! The room is a fine size for me. Maybe it wasn't the room that was too small - perhaps the reviewers were too big?!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Lonestar_5176
Reviewed November 10, 2012

we stayed twice,once with our grandson and we loved everything.The hosts are lovely and make you feel welcome .We had wished to stay on the 6th of November,but the room was booked .The decor is not dated,but suits our taste and is so cosy. Can't wait to come again!
CLaudine and Jean Jacques

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

Nice B&B, very clean and a good room.
The people are very friendly.
Don't mis the English Breakfest, not healthy but you have to try it!
Close to Cantherbury and The Sportsman.
Parking at the house.
.....…........................................................

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank xha
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Lovely hosts but not a pretty country village we had thought from description room & bathroom spotless but our twin room was small - low eaves cramped & dated decor Also some traffic noise ( although we are both used to very quiet roads so some may not notice noise as much ) A shame as breakfast good too. Fine for a stop over but not as a get away place in itself.

Room Tip: Make sure you dont get the twin room at the front with the eaves!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
reavey63, Owner at Amadis Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

I don't wish to pedantic but Blean is classed as a country village wthin the 'Parish of Blean'. I am also sorry that the room did not conform to your high standards. I shall endeavour to put right the points you have so aptly made. However I will also take heart from the previous guests and there very complimentary reviews