“Excellent”
Review of West House

West House
Reserve with OpenTable
West House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Biddenden
Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Headcorn.
“Excellent”
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic lunch. Real delight...definitely worth a detour to Biddenden. Great starters, fois gras and pigeon, lamb was perfect for the main. Desserts were fantastic. The wine list is a bit "off the beaten track" but found good wine, also nice that the restaurant serves a rather wide variety of wines in carafes.

Visited August 2013

Ipoh, Malaysia
“Pure Genius!”
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had a meal at The West House Restaurant last week on one of their quieter nights and the food was simply AMAZING! We ordered the degustation menu and every course just tantalized our taste buds! I'm not a fan of goat cheese but was converted by their quirky goat-cheese-savoury-biscuit starter. The combination of ingredients in the courses we had was SUBLIME! Such is the chef's culinary talent that I would eat paper bag if it were cooked at The West House Restaurant! Pure genius!

Dover, United Kingdom
“Return...”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I ate here with my parents on Saturday 27 July and again cannot fault either the cooking of a highly skilled Chef, or his FoH team, his wife and son. Mr Garrett's enthusiasm for using quality ingredients reflects in a fantastic menu. My advice is to try the tasting menu with matching wines and add the cheese as an extra course. Sublime! Thank you.

1 Thank DavidBLowe
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A lovely anniversary lunch”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We had lunch yesterday, the restaurant was very quiet, only 3 tables. The service was attentive but not overbearing, the food and wine very good. Not having many alternatives we took our two young children, which is pretty unusual for this standard of restaurant and they were lovely in accommodating us. The 3 of us had the £25 lunch menu ( our 8 month old not quite up to it!) and the food was of. Very high standard. My mackerel starter was as good as anything I've eaten, the scotch was loved by by wife and 2yr old. The sea bream main was excellent and my beef was good but not as tender as I would have expected which is the reason the this is not a five star recommendation. Both desserts were lovely, I particularly enjoyed the cherry pie. I was feeling lazy so asked the waitress to choose appropriate wines and they were excellent and went really well with each dish. Overall I would highly recommend you visit, all the aspects you look for in top end restaurant come together well at a fantastic price, not to be missed if you are looking for a good restaurant in Kent.

Visited July 2013
Kent, UK
“The diamond of gastronomy”
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Friends recommended this restaurant in the pretty village of Biddenden. We received a very warm welcome and a big smile on arrival. The restaurant has a classic but warm feel to it with tables spaced a sufficient distance apart. The service was both friendly and attentive. As other reviewers have commented a great selection of entrees is provided including fresh homemade bread, pork dripping, large olives and a selection of cheese crackers. My partner and I had the 5 course tasting menu washed down with a bottle of the Cuvée Classique Domaine de l'Hortus 2011 which at £30 odd quid a bottle was exceptionally good value. The tasting menu combines an exceptionally good and thoughtfully combined range of dishes all beautifully presented and perfectly executed. The foie gras was amazingly rich and creamy and the grilled fillet of John Dory with cauliflower, raisins, onion bhaji and curry oil was simply delicious. Portion sizes were good but not overly generous. The cheese board is highly recommended - great selection of up to 5 cheeses with 2 small oat cakes, an Eccles cake, rhubarb chutney and pickled onions. The waiter was very knowledgeable and recommended an amazing dessert wine (a Spanish sherry) with an aroma of raisins and Xmas pud. All in all we had an amazing dining experience. The service was so good we had no objection to paying the discretionary 12.5% service charge. We cannot wait to return. Go and see for yourself how exceptional this restaurant is!