“Possibly the worlds worst B&B!”

and 1 more site!
Tudor Cottage Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 6 Biddenden B&B and Inns
London
“Possibly the worlds worst B&B!”
Reviewed October 30, 2008

Where do I start? This is the worst accommodation I have ever encountered, run by the rudest woman I have ever met. When I booked over the phone I was asked if I wanted a double or twin room, I asked for double as I was staying with my girlfriend. When I arrived I was given a key to our room and when I went in it was a twin, I went back to ask her if we could have a double room that I had asked for, I was told ‘No, we give priority to our guests who stay more than one night’ – I didn’t see another person there in two days. I asked where I could park my car, she told me to park in the church nearby, I asked where this was (as I had driven in from a different direction so hadn’t passed the church) ‘are you blind?’ she responded. These are a few of many bizarre verbal encounters I, and my girlfriend had with the the lady – it was pretty clear she didn’t like having people around, so why does she run a B&B?

Now onto the room! Firstly it had two singles rather than a double. The main problem however, was that the bathroom wasn’t big enough to stand up in because the ceiling slanted down from one side of the, very small, room. The hot water ran out after filling the sink and the bathroom suite looked like it was fitted in the 50’s.

I wouldn’t let my dog stay here, let alone recommend it to another person.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank JWaring

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Hunsrück
Reviewed October 12, 2008

I had booked a room for one person for two nights on the phone a week or so before my arrival. On my arrival, I was told that she did not like single men on their own staying at her place.
Her behaviour was rather strange - she asked me how I could be on a holiday in weather like that (it was raining). My comment that you can't help the weather did not really impress her.

She sent me away, at 6:30 in the eving, without offering to help me find a place to stay.

She did not give me phone numbers or addresses, just said "you'll find something in Tenterden". She also said there was another B+B in Biddenden, but I did not find any sign of that. I had to drive to Tenterden some miles down the road and had to find something there.

I strongly advise anyone against booking this place in advance without a plan b of where to stay if she decides to turn you down.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — outrageous behaviour of owner
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank Lars70
Cornwall Uk
Reviewed May 18, 2007

We have just arrived home after staying at Tudor Cottage. My Mother-in-Law was seriously ill in hospital and we had to find accommodation near to the hospital quickly. I phoned Tudor Cottage and spoke to the extremely helpful owner to book for arrival the next day. On arrival the owner showed us to our room which was in the oldest part of the property, over 400 years old. The room was a good size double, en-suite, tastefully decorated and clean. The owner was very welcoming and friendly. My Husband and I were feeling pretty stressed because of worrying about his Mother, and Susan, the owner was brilliant, nothing was too much trouble. The whole property was charming with beams and lots of antiques etc, very sympathetically decorated. We paid £50 per night for the room and full english breakfast, which was an absolute bargain. I would reccomend this property to anyone wanting to visit this area of Kent. It is an ideal base in a small village from which to explore the region. There is a pub in the village where you can get an evening meal and also 2 restaurants. Tea and coffee making facilities in the rooms which are replenished daily, clean towels and housekeeping also daily. All in all, a lovely place to stay.

• Liked — Period charm and helpful owner
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Wilks05
Also consider these accommodations in or near Biddenden
London Beach Country Hotel & Spa
The Bakehouse
The Bakehouse
#4 of 6 in Biddenden
Oak Tree Cottage Bed and Breakfast

Been to Tudor Cottage Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!