“Great breakfast!”

Dining options: Reservations
Farnborough, United Kingdom
“Great breakfast!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We were delighted to stumble across this little gem! Cosy surroundings, friendly and very accommodating service, and really lovely breakfasts! Everything was cooked to order and therefore was not fast food, but well worth the wait! Thank you!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank TCRobertson

Mayfield, United Kingdom
“Friendly, home cooking”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Generous portions of good home cooking, whether sandwich, breakfast or cream tea. Caroline makes you feel welcome in the beamed pleasant little tea shop. Nice buzz and china tea cups

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Philip153
Menlo Park
“Friendly coffee and tea shop”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Very pleasant tea shop with excellent cakes, coffee, and conversation. A social center of this charming Kent village.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Stanley P
Chislehurst, United Kingdom
“Starve yourself first!”
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

I was en route back from somewhere else having missed lunch and spotted this place. It's opposite the post office (where there are toilets-they don't have their own and directed someone there). That aside the atmosphere is olde world charm. Wooden beams with old woodworm holes, lots of old bricabrac including all the china on which the food is served. I ordered a cup o tea a small china pot of loose leaf arrived with accompanying milk jug, strainer and china cup and saucer. It made my day then my baguette (soft) arrived jam
Packed with sausage and caramelised onions a little side salad and large dollop of amazing coleslaw. I'm so glad I was starving as it was more than enough. I forgot to mention every cup and saucer is served with a bite size version of some of the cakes on offer. I loved it. The lot cost me £7 and I didn't grudge a penny or the tip as it was helpful, quick and friendly service.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Elaine R
Mebane, North Carolina
“Beautiful Old Place With Hardy Sandwiches”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We visited the Bakehouse after touring the Biddenden Church just down the street. The service was very friendly. We had ham sandwiches that were so large we could have gotten by easily on only one. Enjoyed the hops hanging from the beams near our table. This was a famous hops producing area we were told. They have homemade jellies and jams for sale. Just a nice relaxing place to feed our stomachs and think of my relatives leaving this village about 1630. Definitely want to return.