“Starve yourself first!”

Ranked #2 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Biddenden
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

I was en route back from somewhere else having missed lunch and spotted this place. It's opposite the post office (where there are toilets-they don't have their own and directed someone there). That aside the atmosphere is olde world charm. Wooden beams with old woodworm holes, lots of old bricabrac including all the china on which the food is served. I ordered a cup o tea a small china pot of loose leaf arrived with accompanying milk jug, strainer and china cup and saucer. It made my day then my baguette (soft) arrived jam
Packed with sausage and caramelised onions a little side salad and large dollop of amazing coleslaw. I'm so glad I was starving as it was more than enough. I forgot to mention every cup and saucer is served with a bite size version of some of the cakes on offer. I loved it. The lot cost me £7 and I didn't grudge a penny or the tip as it was helpful, quick and friendly service.

2  Thank Elaine R
There are newer reviews for The Bakehouse

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We visited the Bakehouse after touring the Biddenden Church just down the street. The service was very friendly. We had ham sandwiches that were so large we could have gotten by easily on only one. Enjoyed the hops hanging from the beams near our table. This was a famous hops producing area we were told. They have homemade jellies and jams for sale. Just a nice relaxing place to feed our stomachs and think of my relatives leaving this village about 1630. Definitely want to return.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We called just to break our journey, it was an ideal spot for a coffee. Was a great spot good valve clean and very friendly, service was good too. Would call again if pass in that direction.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I came to The Bakehouse yesterday on the bank holiday Monday with my family for a bite to eat. Upon reading the menu, there was an abundance of homely and filling meals. Having been seated and served straight away, our food arrived promptly. Without being able to resist the cakes and puddings, all 4 of us had a cake or a pudding. I can safely say the rhubarb crumble was the best I have ever had! Having to spread the word of this lovely Bakehouse, I bought extra cakes to takeaway for the other members of my family. I fully recommend this coffee shop to everyone, whether you want a quick coffee and cake or a filling lunch. A definite winter or summer must!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

As I walk in I'm greeted by the warm aromas of ground coffee. This little village tea room's atmosphere makes you feel right at home. I'm a reguar customer and this place feels my every tea room need... Whether its to buy a loaf of bread, a quick tea on the way to sixth form or a full English when I'm feeling totally English. Being a student I can go here and know that what I'm buying will be worth every calorie I gain! The chilled vibe and the colourful hair create the pefect mood to drink from a tea pot. The mismatched furniture and crockery makes an art student like me feel right at home and when I can sit outside in sun it makes it even better! It's a welcoming place filled with joy and happiness, a place where everyone is on the same page and the staff all work as one. I know where I will be spending my summer!