“Lack of Spice, sadly”
Review of Gram Spice

Gram Spice
Reserve with OpenTable
Gram Spice is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 11 Restaurants in Biddenden
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I love Indian and Pakistani food, being half Pakistani myself. I therefore visited the Gram Spice in Biddenden with friends with some trepidation, being reassured by my host that the curries were good.

The place was clean, surroundings friendly, menu huge and the food, sadly, very bland and without any of the splice that I was expecting and that the restaurant name had promised. Not to say that I wanted chilli-hot at all costs - you can have spicy without the heat (I know as my wife doesn't like hot curries and I make them at home!) - the curries were just very bland and and frankly disappointing.

I shall not be returning.

1  Thank Barry B

Reviewed June 26, 2013

This was our first visit to Gram Spice, there were twelve of us, plates were nice and warm, the food was very good and was served hot, and the service from the waiters was excellent and friendly, will defiantly go back.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Gram Spice is on the Headcorn Road set slightly back - you don't see it until the last minute hence we drove past but turned round and returned to park in the extremely small car park.
We were warmly greeted by very friendly staff and shown to our table, only one other being occupied (by a family with a very young child which cried incessantly) but then it was only 5:30 on a Sunday. They were obviously regulars and soon after another group of regulars arrived - good to see they have a regular clientele. The restaurant was small but well fitted out - modern and clean with a small bar at one end, the toilet facilities were however, very limited.
The menu was fairly typical of Indian restaurants - quite extensive with the usual range of offerings - we didn't avail ourselves of the drinks menu so cannot comment. Service was prompt and friendly, staff being willing to accommodate requests for slight variations to dishes.
We had the set meal for two at £30 which I guess is about average for an Indian restaurant. We realised our mistake as soon as the starters arrived - neither of us are 'big eaters' and the portions are quite generous - so that's terrific if you have a large appetite. I guess, in terms of quantity, you do get value for money.
Ok, finally we come to the main reason for me to visit a restaurant - quality of the cuisine. It is with sadness that I must admit it was a great disappointment to both myself and my wife. Ironically the food produced by the 'Gram Spice' was anything but 'spicy' - 'bland' was the word that came to my mind whilst my wife chose 'tasteless'. It was as though the food had been anglicised - perhaps diluted to suit local tastes. Whilst I can understand this from a business perspective, for lovers of genuine Indian food it's a 'let down'.
So, there you have it - you can get relatively large portions of very mildly flavoured food in friendly surroundings. We shall not be returning.

1  Thank Voxsilens
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Good little curry house, only had a main course and every thing was good about the meal but not amazing. There are better Indians around but you would not be disappointed if you end up here.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Amazing Meal, Great Staff!
After many disapointing Indian meals from the surrounding areas we thought we would give gram spice a go! So pleased we did, meal was a great portion size and full of flavour. They have 2 for 1 on main meals on mon & wed so we will definetly be going back! We are going to try there other resturant too the cinnamon lounge in bethersden!
Thanks to all the guys! So pleased we have finally found a decent Indian resturant.